What will happen to my discount?
dluc28

I apologize if this has already been asked, I'm having a bit of trouble navigating here.

We currently receive a 17% discount - my husband gets this via the fire department he is a full time employee at.

However, it's never off the data, just the cost of the phones voice plan.

What happens once the new share plan takes effect, if we go for it? Do we lose our discount since it's all jumbled? Has anyone heard about this? I've read nothing but conflicting info via google searches.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What will happen to my discount?
Not applicable

you get the discount off the data side since it's really data/voice/texting on the new plans. And since you are already with Verizon the new plans won't take effect unless you CHOOSE to go with the new plans. Otherwise you'll keep your existing plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dluc28-

I understand being concerned about keeping your discount! Saving money is awesome, right? On the new Shared Everything plans, the employee discounts are applied to the Month Account Access charge, much like it is now. I hope that helps!

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi, dluc28-

I understand being concerned about keeping your discount! Saving money is awesome, right? On the new Shared Everything plans, the employee discounts are applied to the Month Account Access charge, much like it is now. I hope that helps!

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

No that doesn't help because most people don't know what that means. Just say DATA and people will get that.

0 Likes
icanhelpyou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian, why would he say data when the discount applies to more than just data? The discount applies to the monthly access which is your unlimited minutes, unlimited texting and your shared data plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

icanhelpyou wrote:

Brian, why would he say data when the discount applies to more than just data? The discount applies to the monthly access which is your unlimited minutes, unlimited texting and your shared data plan.

Because it's easier for people to understand which is the point. A colorblind person doesn't need to know the top light is RED he just needs to know it means STOP. Get it?

0 Likes
icanhelpyou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then the REP would be lying if he said it only applied to data. Get it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

icanhelpyou wrote:

Then the REP would be lying if he said it only applied to data. Get it?

No YOU don't get it. If the rep says DATA and since DATA, texting and voice are all together they would NOT be lying since it is impossible to have one without the other under the new plans. Saying DATA is easy for the customer to understand. A customer then can then say "Oh the part I'm paying $70 on" and figure out the math form there. Why you have a need to be anal about this and CONFUSE the customer which will lead to customer DEFECTIONS is beyond me.

0 Likes