What towers serve VZW?
steinind

I will be traveling to an Alaskan village with service provided by a local company and AT&T.  The VZW map does not show VZW service available.  Still, I wonder if the VZW signal will be picked up by AT&T tower?  Anyone know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What towers serve VZW?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Different technology used (CDMA for Verizon v GSM for AT&T) so you'll likely have no service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Different technology used (CDMA for Verizon v GSM for AT&T) so you'll likely have no service.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the local company is a CDMA carrier then you MIGHT be able to roam off their tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
steinind

Thanks,

If the local carrier is GCI, I think they are a GSM carrier also.  I'll check to be sure but you guys have been helpful!  Thanks!

0 Likes
steinind

Thanks for the tech info.  I had forgotten about the different systems out there.  You've been a big help!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It does look like they have limited cdma service there also but those areas show up on Verizon's map so I'm guessing the area you're going may be gsm only. http://gci.cellmaps.com/viewer.html?iframe=true&width=951&height=580

0 Likes