What time zone does Verizon use for their billing cycle?
tom629

On our current billing cycle we (5 of us) only have .5 GB left.  It resets on the 10th, which is a specific as it gets when I look at any information they have.  I'm pretty sure that means 11:59pm on the 10th. 12:00am on the 11th, the cycle will reset. 

Now I have another question.... what time zone is that?  I have 2 family members in the west coast right now and it would be nice to know if that's eastern time or something else. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What time zone does Verizon use for their billing cycle?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is an excellent question. My guess would be it resets in whatever time zone the account address is in, but I could think of reasons why it wouldn't be that either. I look forward to also finding out this information...

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

It would be the zip code or time zone in which that device is being used.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I actually had a quick Chat session with a Verizon rep; while I normally like to have a minimum of 3 different chats to verify the information, this information is just coming from one Chat session.

The bill does close in whatever time zone the billing address is in. Once that bill closes, whatever data they are using and gets reported in time will be on that bill. Otherwise it goes onto the next bill.

Basically where the phones are does NOT matter. Only the billing address.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is based on the "Service Address" not the "Billing Address". The two are usually the same, but not always. It especially can be different if the account was opened in say Boston and the user eventually moved to Denver and only changed the "Billing Address".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
billnguy

My billing address is in Mountain Time Zone.  I'm currently in California, Pacific TZ. It is now 11:45 in California and my usage has already reset. I'm concluding that it resets at 12:00 PM in the time zone of: your billing address or your phone number area code. One thing I'm sure of, it did not reset according to the time zone in which the actual phone is located.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes