What is this Text Number 000-006-0615?
Mln3
Enthusiast - Level 2

what is this 000-006-0615 text number?

Labels (1)
Re: What is this Text Number 000-006-0615?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand being concerned with unknown messages, Min3. I can't say that I recognize it either, do the messages say anything?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Mln3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I am the account owner. I go over the texts and phone logs. This is on 1 of the other lines on my account. I would like to know the origination of 000-006-0615 on a text log. I pay the bill. I would like to know. I cannot seem to get any answers.

Why?

Thank you

deloused
Master - Level 3

Being an account owner or paying the bill is irrelevant, Verizon wouldn't be able to tell you where that message came from because that's not a registered phone/number so they have no information about it.

katw99
Enthusiast - Level 1

most likely bogus text block the number

0 Likes
Mln3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You....deloused....but I feel Being the Account Owner and Paying the Bill for almost 20 years is VERY Relevant. This is a 5 Digit SMS Code that can be filtered thru Verizon...Whether it is a Shared Code or Individually held by a Marketing Entity...OR....Short Code for Sites I feel are Inappropriate ....You can find out and I researched extensively before asking the Saintly Regarded Verizon to investigate. It's My Business to KNOW what goes on with my Account.  It's My Business to make sure the Users of My Account are SAFE....Not IRRELEVANT......If Verizon can accommodate the Feds...you can bet your Behind they could tell me...Im sure its "all good".....I appreciate your response.....

Great CUSTOMER SERVICE is RELEVANT in this situation....

Regards

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I didn't mean that it wasn't your business to be able to find out or anything like that, or that customer service wasn't relevant, it's that short code texts come in through the Internet into the text message gateway. Since that short code isn't registered and doesn't belong to Verizon they have no way of telling you where it originated from, whether you pay the bill or not. Wireless carriers are not the Internet police, and would have no ability to access such information.

Due to FCC regulations, the only way to find out the origination would be if a crime is suspected, or if someone's life was in danger you can file a police report, and local law enforcement can subpoena the gateway information in Verizon's network to determine the identity of the Internet service provider that delivered the text to Verizon. Next, because of the Internet and interstate rules law enforcement would contact the FBI to subpoena the ISP's records to determine how they received the message (an app, a browser protocol, an email server, a computer program). Then the FBI would subpoena the isp or phone service provider that it originated from (sometimes multiple ones depending on server setup) to determine the original IP address location of the sender.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand being concerned about this, Min3. Unfortunately we don't know who sends messages like those, they do not originate from us. As some of the Community Forums members have mentioned, they are short code, and can come from a variety of locations. You would need to see the message itself. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes