Re: What is going on with Verizon Wireless lately???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is on a plan by itself, there are tiered data only plans available for devices like the Jetpack.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

What really [removed] me off is when I call to complain they try to push me to buy their silly network expander! Well for one if they're saying I'm in a "marginal coverage area" then they should be giving me this [removed] thing for zero cost! Why should I as customer paying for their garbage service have to pay even more to overcome their "marginal" coverage. Omg I am so pissed I'm about to bail and go to AT&T as well. Verizon is totally [removed] carrier paying top rate to get MetroPCS like service. Unacceptable !

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Kboykin2323
Enthusiast - Level 1

The service is dreadful...I have unlimited and I can barely browse the internet without being connected to wifi.

MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the service is indeed dreadful great word choice! And in my area is seems to be getting even worse! I already set the wheels in motion to move 5 of our business lines to AT&T as I am hearing from others they are not experiencing this terrible slowdown issue on their network! And if I see an improvement after switching then we are COMPLETELY bailing on Verizon! So much for their false marketing claim of being the network built for unlimited! They should be sued for false marketing !!!

MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Personally I have an iPhone 6s+ factory unlocked fully paid for from Apple! Verizon recently tried to tell me it was my handset and if I upgraded to the 7 it would be much faster! BS it was just as slow! Maybe it takes better pictures and has a faster processor but it was slow too! And on my family's business account they have Android phones and all 10 lines on their account are also pathetically slow! I even went into the Verizon store in my town and complained about the speed issues I've been seeing and RIGHT in their own store I pulled ookla on several of their devices and so so slow! I even met with the county commissioner one day and mentioned to him the Verizon slowness and bad coverage in my county and in the coffee shop right on the main street IN TOWN I showed him the slow service and he showed me how fast his Consumer Cellular cheap plan blew my expensive Verizon out of the water! This is bad and getting worse Verizon either you are willfully ignorant of the problems on your network or completely incompetent !!

rcschnoor
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

If it is on a plan by itself, there are tiered data only plans available for devices like the Jetpack.

At lower rates, I might add. 20 GB for $110 plus line access fee(s).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that you have a reliable connection and the right plan, RLR9X20. I regret hearing this has caused you to consider leaving. Let’s take a look and see what we can do about your plan and your connection. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DELSTE50
Enthusiast - Level 1

We, too, have experienced a serious decline in the quality of service since switching (coincidentally?) to the unlimited plan back in April 2017.  I wish we had kept our old air card.  The plans changed so instead of paying $10/month for air card with limited data, we upgraded to the MiFi with unlimited.  Big mistake.  For the first 2 weeks after switching to unlimited, we experienced faster data speeds and even were able to watch a movie on our Ipad and phone.  Now we can barely access our e-mail and our calls are starting to drop.  We have called Verizon at least 6 times to complain with no resolution.  The rep tries to tell us that we may be using enough data that our speeds are being slowed down after 10 GB.  We can barely use our internet, let alone use up to 10 GB during a billing cycle.  One rep told us that apparently so many people have switched to unlimited that the towers can't handle all of the traffic.  Not my problem.  Many of our neighbors are also having the same issues. 

Verizon has done SOMETHING to slow us all down and they are just not saying.  We have been Verizon customers forever and are strongly considering trying another carrier.  This is just unacceptable.  We are paying full price for data and not able to use it.  How can this continue to happen??

MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

We can't even play Pandora now. Seriously bail on Verizon folks! I can't wait until the next RootMetrics is out they've probably sunk to the bottom now!

MRGREGORYTOMPKINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far -- in my area -- I've come to the the conclusion speed is sub 1.0Mbps all day long. But it's OK between the 1AM and 6AM. And that is right here in town. The situation is FAR bleaker in the non city parts of the county. I filed an FCC complaint and Quanetta from "Executive Relations" got back to me and tried to give me this absurd answer of why Verizon is so slow and she said during the summer it's much worse because school is out and more people are flooding the tower! And we are a farming operation and this is our absolutely most critical time of year. We cannot have our service dropping calls left and right and service be totally worthless like this! Our entire farming association and canning cooperative which has several hundred members has some discount agreement with Verizon for members so I will definitely be bringing this up and Senator Wyden's and my county commissioner are looped in as well. Totally unacceptable Verizon you should be totally ashamed of letting your network deteriorate so badly like this! It's really nice that your tower is saturated to the point of unusable due to people's "fun and games" which hurts those needing it for critical service. Fortunately AT&T is coming to the rescue I'm getting about a few hundred lines off you guys next week for the various clients I also work with in addition to my family's business -- SO thanks for all the extra work for me now over your awful service:-(