What is being done about the slow data
CORWHI53

What is being done about the slow data?? It obvious that tons of people are having this problem after looking at these customer forms.  It is ridicules how much I pay for so-called "unlimited" data that most of the time doesn't even work. Ever since I switched to unlimited the quality has just gotten worse and worse. At this point I would be better off going to a different network without unlimited data. At least I would have something that works when I actually need it and I would be paying half the price.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is being done about the slow data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is very important and we want you to stay with us, CORWHI53. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. I'd like to look into this and turn this around. You've mentioned that you are on the Unlimited Plan, are you on the Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited? When did this issue start? What's the impacted zip code? Also, do you know if other VZW users are having the same issue in the area?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So, usually these forums are for people, like yourself, to complain. Just because there are a handful of threads on this forum doesn't mean that "tons of people" are having this issue.

You also failed to mention if you are on the Go Unlimited plan or the Beyond Unlimited plan. They are quite different.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Yep very few people go to a company board just to say "Hey thought I let you know everything is fine."

People complained for years that Verizon didn't have unlimited data. Now they have it and still complain. I have said many times to people if Verizon brought it back expect the network to slow down. Well guess what? They think wireless is some magical unlimited resource that runs on sunshine and rainbows.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't think that the Unlimited itself is the issue. What people don't realize is the difference between the 2 plans and that with one you get de-prioritized anytime the tower you're on is congested. The other is de-prioritization on a congested tower after you reach a certain limit. They also see Unlimited and think that they're back in 2009 where they can consume all that they wanted. Back in 2009 we had 3G speeds and the average user consumer 1-2GB per billing cycle. As we transitioned to 4G/LTE things changed and the network became overloaded. Also, people with families didn't want to pay $30 per month per line for a data plan. They screamed for shareable data. They got shareable data and then it was too much to handle to monitor usage to prevent overages and/or teach children to be responsible. Now there is a different offer. Something that they SCREAMED for and they don't like it. Me? I am happy with my 5GB plan. I have about 3.5GB on average rollover every month. I don't get de-prioritized. I am set.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Oh I think unlimited has definitely affect the network. Like us, we used to be on a 16 GB plan. Now on unlimited and this month with 6 days left nearly 50 GB. That's triple the usage.

I think Verizon should do like t-mobile and have the same depriotization on both plans to avoid confusion. Let the tethering and video stream be the difference. Also it's still 22 GB for beyond after a year. T-Mobile raised it 2-3 GB every 3-4 months. Now if Verizon's network is so much better as they claim how come it's the same? the network didn't improve at all in one year? I understand t-mobile only has 60% the customers as Verizon but if their limit can be 50 GB for ALL unlimited plans then by that token Verizon's should be 30 GB. Or maybe 10 GB for Go and 30 GB for Beyond. if Verizon's network can't handle that that is saying a lot.

Since Verizon just made their unlimited pre-paid plan the same price as Go unlimited with the exact same features, that makes me think maybe they are planing some changes for the unlimited plans. Maybe not major changes just tweaks. Why be on post paid Go when you can get 1 or 2 lines on pre-paid for the SAME cost?

0 Likes