What is a "line?"
Telemachus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's billing documentation repeatedly uses the term "line," but I don't know what that means and can't find an explanation of it.  I assume a "line" isn't the same thing as an "account," a "phone number," or a "device," or else it would be called an "account," a "phone number," or a "device."  So if a "line" isn't one of those things, then what is it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is a "line?"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I understand it, a Line refers to the line of service aka the phone number attached to each device on the account. An account can have one line of service or phone number on it. An account can also have up to ten lines of service on it for personal accounts and more for business accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I understand it, a Line refers to the line of service aka the phone number attached to each device on the account. An account can have one line of service or phone number on it. An account can also have up to ten lines of service on it for personal accounts and more for business accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Telemachus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the clarification. So in other words, a line is a phone number,

which is confusing since the documentation also uses the term numbers.

Verizon's documentation would be improved by providing a glossary of all

terms used, with no assumption that any of them are so obvious or generally

understood that there's no need to define them.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

They don't use the term 'number' because you can change your number, but the line of service and all attachments remain.  You would also have a line and a number for a tablet, but it is not a phone number, just data.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A phone number is the assigned numerical identification designation for a telephone line of service.