What exactly happens to my plan after my contract ends?
AlyssaG

my current contract is up at the end of this year and I havent wanted to upgrade. I know that when the contract ends I just go month to month but lets say i decide i want to "upgrade" when im paying month to month, would I keep my current plan? Because right now i have grandfathered in the unlimited data and i wasnt sure that if i decided to upgrade after my contract ended if i would be able to keep that same plan or would it be considered a new activation which would require me to use the data plan system.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What exactly happens to my plan after my contract ends?
rcschnoor
Legend

A new activation would require a new line.

When you "upgrade", you can keep your current plan if you so choose. Data, however is not part of your calling plan, but an add on(either voluntary or required) to you calling plan.

As of right now, if you have unlimited data on your Verizon smartphone and "upgrade" to a new Verizon smartphone, you are grandfathered in with your unlimited data and can keep it as an add on to your plan. This does not mean it couldn't change in the future.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

As rcschnoor said, if you don't make changes to your plan, you should be able to keep your grandfathered data plan when you decide to upgrade. And as noted, this is as of right now.

This is a bit different situation, but ... I was month-to-month for almost a year with a grandfathered Alltel plan. And I could have kept the grandfathered plan if not for the fact I added a line, changing my individual account to a family plan.

0 Likes
AlyssaG

but what it still be grandfathered in after my contract has technically ended if i decided to upgrade after the fact?

0 Likes