What authorizes you to modify my Internet traffic?
belarm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Every HTTP request I send from my phone over your network has an X-UIDH header added to the request, even though I've opted out of the services that header is used for. What authorizes Verizon to modify the message portion of a packet that I'm paying you to transmit to a third party? Is there something in the TOS I missed, or did you just think no one would ever notice?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: What authorizes you to modify my Internet traffic?
BJCraig_98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get an answer?  I am filing a complaint with the FCC myself.

AT&T does the same thing.

http://205.234.28.93

0 Likes
Asharad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to "OPT-OUT", but it has no impact on this breach of security/privacy.  I too will file a complaint with the FCC.

0 Likes
mikkibarry_esq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been asking the same question for weeks now, but Verizon has not yet responded.  FYI, AT&T announced today that they would stop tracking their users.  AT&T drops 'super cookies' from cellphone data | The Miami Herald

Also, you may recall that AT&T and Verizon both promised in 2008 that they would not track.  AT& T, Verizon to Refrain From Tracking Users Online

I have complained to the FCC and I am writing one up to the FTC.  This may also be a violation of the ECPA.  I suggest we band together to make this stop, or make them waive any fees to leave them.  For those of us with no other choices but Verizon or GSM, they should provide new equipment for us to access GSM. 

0 Likes
BJCraig_98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't gotten much from the FCC yet. Every since the Mob stunt on Netflix I am starting to believe that Verizon thinks they can get away with what ever they want.  I am all for stopping this by any means.  The arbitration clause is a pain.  They will not respond so we might have grounds to start a lawsuit if it doesn't get resolved. 

belarm
Enthusiast - Level 3

3 weeks now of multiple phone calls, tweets, FB messages, G+ messages, chats, posts here - I'm planning on sending a fax (ugh) today. Still no response, no answers - just silence or a link to the FAQ. I'm just a *bit* tired of this.

belarm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just spent another hour on the phone. Guess how much I accomplished.

0 Likes
mikkibarry_esq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to contact this Verizon person as well.  Hi Verizon person.  you know who I am.  Please call me.  I have filed both an FCC and an FTC complaint now. 

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

There seem to be three or more similar postings of this issue here. In one of these posting I submitted a reply, that may or may not help.

0 Likes
belarm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was replying to your post in that thread; I can't reply to threads via

the forum (yay Verizon!), only by replying to the email notifications I get.

0 Likes