Re: What about employee discounts with new share plan?
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

Even though they are normally conspicuously quiet, the post here from a VZW SUPPORT REP proves that they ARE watching and listening to our threads. Maybe they are also reporting back to HQ the tenor of our reaction to this 'game changing' idea the suits have issued. Anyone define DECREE ?     

eriknokc
Enthusiast - Level 3

If that's the case, then those in the suits that made the decision need to be fired. Pissing off your customers to make your own wallets fat is not the way to run a business.

Happy customers = Me Telling My Friends You Rock = Big Profits = Fat Wallets

Price Increase for Less Service = Me telling my friends there are better options out there & high churn rates = Low Stock Prices

Unfortunately in America they are rewarded with large bonuses no matter which one of those 2 scenarios play out and they know it.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

according to 2 separate CS reps I called the answer given here by KatieH is INCORRECT . . . would someone notify her that there are conflicting answers to this question, you would expect her to have posted a link to the answer however she did not.

marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait...if this is true, then my family will save money with the shared data plan.

With 4 smartphones, a dumb phone, 6gb, and insurance, we'd pay $269. On the current system, we pay $273.

THIS MIGHT BE A FIRST YA'LL, I'M SAVING $4! (and losing an unlimited data plan and now I have to worry each month that all 4 phones can stay in the 6gb limit) BUT $4!!!!!!

0 Likes
marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Katie H., if you speak the truth, then my family would pay $262 for 4 smartphones, 1 dumbphone, insurance and 6gb. With the old plan we pay $273 for all of this. So I save $11! (and still lose an unlimited data plan and have to worry that 4 phones won't use more than 6gb)

Unless the later guy is right and the employee discount is just taken off the data. Then I pay $276 and screw you Verizon.

I wish someone would answer this clearly.

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

A rep told me that the discount comes off the data, not the individual lines.

0 Likes
tpk168

Today 6/19 via call to *611, a rep told me my discount would apply to:

my line AND all shared data

I have 2 lines on my account, and in the share everything plan, it would look like this:

$40 smartphone 1 [Discount would be applied]

$40 smartphone 2

$70 4gb data [Discount would be applied]

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think any of them know what they are talking about.  I've had them tell me that it applies only to the data portion.  I guess someone is going to have to get on the plan and report what they've actually gotten.

0 Likes
sandrad0813

I went to my Verizon Wireless store last night so they could clarify to what the discount would be applied.  Brad told me it would come off of the WHOLE bill and that they were just trained on this.  I doubted what he was saying to be true, and he then turned to his co-worker who also said it comes off of the whole bill.  If this TRULY is the case, everyone would benefit (except unlimited data users maybe).  Mostly what I have read is that it comes off of the share everything price and not the individual lines.  Would someone from verizon please post the correct information.

0 Likes
Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd really like to know the bottom line before I jump into this. It is true by all of the feeds I am seeing that the reps are not in unison. Shame 1 on leadership. I used to work for the company in various capacities, including B2B, and the % always applied to lines with access attainment of $40 and up and ONLY some companies allowed data % on primary line. Now, if vzw allowed the % discount on my four smartphone/PDA's, I would be spending less than I am now by a few dollars on my 1400 share with only two PDA's. VZW rarely initiates plans to decrease revenue and this effort seems similar. Shame 2 on leadership. Corporate responsibility means offering reasonable rates to keep our business. With greater data access in customers hands, vzw already stands to increase revenue per user. Shame 3 on leadership. Greedy, greedy, greedy. You're going to lose business if you keep swindling. So, my question... Is the discount applied to all $40 lines in my everything's share account regardless of what data package I choose?

0 Likes