Re: What about employee discounts with new share plan?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Slicktop wrote:

I'd really like to know the bottom line before I jump into this. It is true by all of the feeds I am seeing that the reps are not in unison. Shame 1 on leadership. I used to work for the company in various capacities, including B2B, and the % always applied to lines with access attainment of $40 and up and ONLY some companies allowed data % on primary line. Now, if vzw allowed the % discount on my four smartphone/PDA's, I would be spending less than I am now by a few dollars on my 1400 share with only two PDA's. VZW rarely initiates plans to decrease revenue and this effort seems similar. Shame 2 on leadership. Corporate responsibility means offering reasonable rates to keep our business. With greater data access in customers hands, vzw already stands to increase revenue per user. Shame 3 on leadership. Greedy, greedy, greedy. You're going to lose business if you keep swindling. So, my question... Is the discount applied to all $40 lines in my everything's share account regardless of what data package I choose?

It's applied to the account access not the line access.  i.e.  If you have the 10GB plan for $100, your discount would come off of that, not the line access cost for the smartphone or whatever device you have.

0 Likes
Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not so sure that is the final answer but thank you for your input. It does seem that it is popular opinion though. Well, how about it Verizon? What is the actual truth? Remember, employee liable contracts are binding on plans (they are separate contracts entered into with the companies and speak to legal terms), so just because you change the plans does not negate the terms in which you discount per the employee liable corporate contract...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Employee discounts aren't part of YOUR contract.  They can be removed/changed at anytime and not considered adverse (see customer agreement).  And I'm pretty sure that answer is final.  If you just have to see for yourself and have a company email address, you can go to http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.html and enter your email.  Click the Shop Now link in the email, choose a phone and on the plan page hit Calculate Discount [/thread]

0 Likes
Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am a former business to business rep. I am fully aware of that fact that the % rides atop the "agreement". But the contract for the corporate "negotiated" rider DOES include how the % is applied in the lower binding agreements. That is the question here, and listed in my original question. I thought this was a forum to ask VZW personnel questions. Does VZW monitor this?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

And this really surprises me that for a company that trains itself on VZLearns, that so many people, ESPECIALLY CS reps, on forums like this and @VZWSupport on Twitter could be inconsistent across the board. It is no wonder the detail in these plans confuse the customer. While I realize that no one can re-post confidential VZLearn material, I'd really like for just one astute person to review the training and provide the ECPD "truth" in % breakdown. Because, once people convert over to the new plans and purchase new smartphones, AND it is more expensive than explained, then we have rightfully upset customers that incur smartphone return fees - not acceptable.

0 Likes
running_randall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my first bill on this plan. The discount only applied to my 2 GB of shared data.

During my research before switching my entire family from another carrier I was told by a Verizon rep that I would get the 22% discount on all my family's access line fees and not the shared data fee. Now they've flip flopped. I was definitely mislead by uninformed customer service reps on a new plan that Verizon was obviously not prepared to offer.

I'm not happy and I expect Verizon to make this right. I'm still within my 14 day return window and am seriously considering cancelling service.

0 Likes
tyler1218
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get 25% off for working at Home Depot. I called in and asked how it'd work. I was told it'd be 25% off the entire share package. I'm getting the $100 package, so they said it'll take 25% off the $100 making it $75.

0 Likes