What Is The Access Point Name For A Non Verizon Phone?
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need the apn settings for a non verizon phone. I saw the apns for iphones and jetpacks but are there different values for different phones? I just got the zte axon 7 and it works great with the info i got from apnsettings.com but i want to see the official settings. There's a slight difference between the ones i got from apn.com and xda.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Access Point Name
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been keeping an eye on things the last few days and i can't find anything that isn't working. Voice, data, sms and mms are all working so i'll leave things alone. Thank you all for the help. And for anyone else looking for them here is what i have on my non verizon device that support band 2 1900 MHz pcs, band 4 1700/2100 MHz aws, band 13 700 MHz block c

Name: VZW

APN: VZWINTERNET

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 311

MNC: 480

APN Type: default,dun,mms,supl

APN Protocol & APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Bearer: Unspecified

everything else: None or Not Set

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nuwan, let's make sure you get the most out of your new phone. Are you activating this on a Verizon line? If so, is this an existing line? Since this phone is not a Verizon phone, we don't have direct support for it. I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for more details.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A previously activated SIM card should already have the appropriate APN stored on the card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you and i did put my sim from the phone i replaced which is in good condition. But the apn values weren't there. I did get the option of adding one and i found the values on another website. I wanted to know about the apn type. What is dun? One site says i have to put in default,dun,mms,supl. Another says leave dun out. And on APN Protocol & APN Roaming Protocol is it IPv4, IPv6 or both?

0 Likes
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you but i don't think the device manufacturer would know what vzw has for their apn values. Even though the device has all the radio bands enabled they don't officially support this device on vzw network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you can put the SIM card back in the old phone and see what the APN values are provided for that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You aren't going to get official settings because it's not a Verizon supported device. if it's working right now I would leave it as it is.

Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been keeping an eye on things the last few days and i can't find anything that isn't working. Voice, data, sms and mms are all working so i'll leave things alone. Thank you all for the help. And for anyone else looking for them here is what i have on my non verizon device that support band 2 1900 MHz pcs, band 4 1700/2100 MHz aws, band 13 700 MHz block c

Name: VZW

APN: VZWINTERNET

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 311

MNC: 480

APN Type: default,dun,mms,supl

APN Protocol & APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Bearer: Unspecified

everything else: None or Not Set

0 Likes