Welcome to the Message Management System - Can't set up voicemail
stevenlcaron
Enthusiast - Level 1

5 days ago I switched from Verizon Post Paid to Verizon Pre Paid.  Now none of the voicemails will work on my 4 lines of service.  When I dial in, I get welcome to the messaging center... blah blah blah.  I have phoned verizon support, chatted and stopped by a store.  They keep saying that they put in a ticket to resolve the issue.   Voicemail is pretty important!  I think that being one of the major cell companies, Verizon should be able to fix this issue pretty quickly.  Very disappointed!  

Re: Welcome to the Message Management System - Can't set up voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You likely have to setup voicemail again for each line or at least Verizon Wireless needs to reset it from their end to allow you to access it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stevenlcaron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has reset it over and over again.  It will not let me set up the vmail.  It gives no option when pressing the 1 button or dialing *86.  It just says welcome the the message management service and wants me to enter a mailbox number.  I have tried my phone number with and without the area code.  I have tried my 4 digit pin code.  Nothing works.  Verizon can't figure it out either.  I have spent over 3 hours on the phone regarding this.  The funny thing is... all of these phones were on prepaid before... then on post paid with no issues.  Now that I am going back to prepaid... it doesn't seem to want to work.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Your frustration with this matter is heard and felt, Stevenlcaron. We know how vital voicemail is to many people. We want to delve further in to this, can you reach out to us via Facebook in a Private Message?    LisaL_VZW

Couldn't you send the community member a private message through the Verizon Wireless Community forum instead? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Spektator66

I'm experiencing the same issue instead, my problem is inconsistent. Sometimes when I call user, I receive their personal voicemail message (as expected) but sometimes, I receive a recording that says, "Welcome to the Message Management System; please enter your mailbox number".

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes