Web browser question
kreott

I was hoping to be able to access my weightwatchers account from the mobile web, on my Samsung Alias 2. Weightwatchers says the following about their mobile website: You can access Weight Watchers Mobile through the web browser in your Internet-enabled BlackBerry®, iPhone, or Windows Mobile device with wireless Internet access. While Weight Watchers Mobile may function on other devices, we cannot provide support for them at this time.

I don't know what a Windows Mobile device is, but I guess I don't have one, as it is not working.  I can get to the login screen, but I can't log in.  It just returns to the login screen, but doesn't explain why.

What sorts of websites can I access?  What are the limitations?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Web browser question
mossy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not familiar with your particular phone but I do have some experience with web browsing on cell phones.  The Windows Mobile refers to an operating system for a "smartphone",.  Smartphones are like Blackberry, Moto Q etc.  There are approximately 3 classes of cell phones now......the so-called "dumb phone" the dumb phone with html browsing and smartphones.  My Moto Krzr was a dumb phone.  I had internet access but there were pages it could not handle at all and the ones that did appear on the screen had huge lettering and I really couldn't make a lot of sense out of it.  My current phone is a dumb-semi smart phone.  I have an HTML compliant browser which renders the entire web page but is not capable of rendering Macromedia Flash files.  Smart phones have operating systems like your computer and are capable of rendering any web page you go to.  They can also download and use 3rd party applications such as the IPhone does.  My phone cannot download any applications that are not gotten from Verizon.  Smartphones are also more expensive to use as they require a smartphone plan with Verizon that costs a bundle.

Some sites that end in  mobi, wml  etc., are designed specifically for cell phones (there are others).  Apparently Weight Watchers would rather you not log in to their webpage with a cell phone and they also have not provided a site just for cell phones.

Message Edited by mossy on 06-13-2009 01:18 PM
0 Likes