Weather balloon coverage
Pharmboy

EXPERTS NEEDED!!! Ok, check this out. I live out in the sticks on a 100 acre farm between two mountains. I would really like to be able to do some gaming on the old xbox. My Sat internet has terrible latency, so out of the question. My verizon 4g should do the trick, if the house wasn't so low in the valley. I have ZERO signal. When i hike up the ridge behind my house just about 150 feet up, i have solid 2 bars of 4g. Behind the mountain blocking my signal 1 mile away there is a 4g tower on the next ridge and i have full signal. So here is my crazy idea. A verizon hot spot which has a sma cable input for an external antenna. A weather balloon. A high gain antenna. 200-300 feet of sma antenna cable.  Ive got an idea of my limitations. I can get a weather balloon with an appropriate payload capacity for the high gain antenna and 200-300 feet of sma wire. To use it, it cant be a windy day, obviously. The balloons payload cant be too much since it could stretch/break the sma cable. Yes i plan to use the cable as the tether. So my question, does anybody know where to get sma wire that long and of a high enough quality to be a strong tether and not lose signal over such a large length? I know this sounds crazy, but many of you would try anything too when you dont have access to any other high speed internet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes