Weak signal & unimpressive customer service
DrSteveS

I had service with Sprint for 10-15 years.  However, I had an older phone, and when they took down their Wimax towers, my phone became half useless.  Instead of offering people like me an upgraded phone so we could continue service, their solution seemed to be that I should just go ahead and buy a new phone.  I had no intention of spending that kind of money, based on their business decisions!  It appeared that Sprint did not value me as a customer, especially after so many years, so I switched to Verizon.  Well, I have to wonder about establishing a relationship with Verizon, now.

I bought an LG G4 phone, and a tablet for my wife, in addition to her current Verizon cell phone service.  I was very happy with the rebates involved, especially $300 for sending them my old phone.  That is, until I wasn't able to use my phone her at home.  I especially rely on the phone for business, as I am self employed.

Tech support found that I was in an area of weak signal strength.  Their solution was to offer me a range extender device at a discount.  Wait a second!  My prior Sprint service was just fine!  Now, they want me to spend some major money so I can use my phone?

Verizon's solution was that I could either buy the device, or get out of my contract with Verizon without penalty.  Gee, don't I feel special?  Do I feel like Verizon values me as a new customer, and looks forward to making a profit from me over the years to come, like the 10+ years I was with Sprint?  Ultimately, after spending hours on the phone and at my local Verizon store, they said that a software upgrade was in the works that would allow me to connect to my Wifi at home, thus solving the problem.  No, they had no idea when this upgrade would take place.  Ok, then loan me an extender until this happens.  No, not an option.  I'm sure they know that switching back to Sprint would be difficult, especially since I already sent my old phone to Verizon under a rebate program.

Since reading this forum, I see that others have had signal issues like mine.  Has anyone had any luck with a successful outcome?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal & unimpressive customer service
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have your solutions from VZW. There is never a guarantee of connectivity inside of any structure. Here is what else is happening:

Messages+ will make and receive calls over Wi-Fi plus VZW has started rolling out Wi-Fi calling but very slowly and only on certain model phones.

You could also forward your cell number to your landline for those times when you are at home.

0 Likes