Weak signal; Verizon app to report
MRTTGAEADS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't Verizon create an app that uses our phone GPS to allow us customers to give feedback of areas of weak signal or chronic outage?

Labels (1)
Re: Weak signal; Verizon app to report
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MRTTGAEADS1,

I apologize for the delayed response because your feedback is greatly appreciated! We are constantly implementing new ways to improve the overall VZW experience. I hope your suggesting isn't due the fact that you are having issues. If so, I am here to help. Where are you located (zip code)? Which device do you have? What specific issues are you experiencing? When did the problem begin? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MRTTGAEADS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where are you located (zip code)? 30062

Which device do you have? Samsung Galaxy III and Droid X

What specific issues are you experiencing? Weak signal -93 dBm to -116 dBm 22 ASU

When did the problem begin? Consistent for the area.

Major Intersection of area; Sandy Plains Road and Ebeneezer Road

Recommended fix; Increase tower density or overbuild on tower located at;

3780 Shallowford Rd. NE

Marietta, GA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey MRTTGAEADS1,

All of that information was very helpful! Thank you. I have investigated a bit further into the area to see what we can do. I did see a few tickets out in the area. I would like to work further with you. Please follow me and then Direct Message me for more information. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
MRTTGAEADS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

What else would you like to see?

0 Likes
jmez

I hope you have better luck than I did. Back in Nov. ' 08 I notified technical support about a weak signal at work, and technical support confirmed there was a problem with the signal. They said it would take about 1yr to get an antenna put up. Well I wanted to believe they would do something about it since I work for a major company that gets discounts from wireless carriers. Well almost 4yrs later, there is no antenna and still a weak signal. However, we were just notified that another major carrier has agreed to come put an antenna right on company property. And they also agreed to look at all the other company locations across the country to make sure there is no problem. So now co-workers that have verizon are going to wait and make the switch once they are eligible. like I said, hope you have better luck than I did.

0 Likes
gleime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched from AT&T to Verizon because of all the dropped calls. Verizon told me I had 4 cell phone towers surrounding my house so I wouldn't have any problems.

Not true. I still have dropped calls and fading in & out with not hearing parts of the conversation.

They need to make an app so we can report our problems immediately without having to call them every time & being placed on hold. That's one good thing AT&T had going for them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gleime,

Welcome to the VZW family! I'm here to help because I want you to enjoy your VZW experience! What is your current zip code? Do you experience the issue in or outdoors? Which device do you have? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dariansdad

You're assuming that Verizon wants anyone outside the Verizon technical sphere to know where their network is weak - and they don't.

Verizon closely guards information about tower loading, subscriber density and tower placement.  The last item is not impossible to find, just difficult - and you'll never hear it directly from Verizon.

Verizon is acutely and constantly aware of where the load, placement, spacing and efficiency of the signal network is.  They have a vested interest in guarding that information.  You'll notice over a period of time that a call to customer service to complain about signal level or quality almost invariably results in "Oh, I'm sorry your having trouble..."  " I don't see any reports of trouble..."  "It must be your device.  Have you..."

This is not to say that Verizon is special in this regard; all the wireless providers react the same and sometimes worse (T-Mobile).

0 Likes
gleime
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 44646. I experience this problem indoors of my home. I inquired about this before I

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:40 PM

To: Greg   >> personal information removed <<

Subject: **POSSIBLE SPAM** Re: Weak signal; Verizon app to report - Re: Weak signal;Verizon app to report

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes