Weak/no signal and dropped calls in Pittsburgh
mpetitt

I moved to Pittsburgh, PA last winter and I am getting really frustrated with the lack of signal and number of dropped calls with my Verizon service in my new home. I have been a Verizon customer for many years and I must say this is the first real problem I've had. I installed a Verizon Extender and it made no difference in my ability to place or stay on a call. I often work from home and having a reliable phone when I am there has become a big issue. Getting a land line is not an option. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII, though I also have an air card that does not work in my home either. My husband's droid phone is also useless. Others that come to our house with other service providers don't seem to have any signal issues at all, but those with Verizon have said they cannot get a signal and it is quite frustrating. I live in a heavily populated area and I don't understand why I have this problem. The coverage map shows that I should have good coverage. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak/no signal and dropped calls in Pittsburgh
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having signal issues in your new home mpetitt. I know how important it is to have sufficient service in your home. Have we processed a trouble ticket for your issues? Was it suggested to purchase the Network Extender to help with your issues? If so, we can review the trouble ticket status for all information provided about the next step to resolve your issued. Please provide your trouble-ticket number if you have it. If we havent processed a ticket, we can help with that step.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kristilia

The frustrating part is the fact that I have come to realize that Verizon has no way of helping. A simple google search will show you that we are not the only ones who aren't getting the service that we pay for.  I live in Florida and I drop calls constantly, every one at Verizon is real nice but I get no results. They try everything including sending me a used phone to replace my new one, needless to say that didn't help. I am going to write a letter to the FCC to see if they can make Verizon correct the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get some results kristilia! What zip code are you located in? Do you experience the dropped calls in a specific area (indoors only)? Are there other Verizon Wireless users near you that encountering the same thing or does this seem to be a problem with just your device? Please share which device you have and if you have a 4G device if you received a new sim card with the replacement devices. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes