Weak cell reception in Hueytown, AL 35023
sansfear

We have had next to no reception at my office where several people have business accounts with Verizon along with many more employees that have personal phones through VZW.  It has been like this for a long time, please look into what can be done to improve signal for us and this town.  Thanks!  Jimy.

Sensitive information (address) has been removed from comment.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak cell reception in Hueytown, AL 35023
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, sansfear.
The 4g signal around this address is variable due to the terrain and with the new foliage it has further reduced the signal to and from the cell site. Also,  the signal will degrade significantly when inside. A Business Network Extender will help http://bit.ly/10FW8pQ.
We are always looking to expand our coverage areas.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sansfear

Thanks for looking in to it - we have an extender already (all carriers) but even though we've had techs (non-verizon) check it out, they can't figure out why our phones keep searching and it kills the battery quickly.  Hopefully they can fix it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details! Have we filed a resolution ticket for you? Have you reached out to our Network Extender team? I would like to troubleshoot further. I sent you a follow-request. Please follow back and private message me your mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sansfear

Please read email I received from someone from my company about this:

The signal is non-existent except at the windows of the building.  The bidirectional amplifier (BDA) was funded by ******** in 2011 with a third party set up by Verizon Wireless.  We have been in contact with Verizon and will try to address the situation in the near future.  The BDA was designed and bought for a Verizon signal; the AT&T signal was improved by chance.  The BDA was installed for contingency planning so that Verizon data cards could be used if the company network was lost (post April 2011 tornado action item).

IT was not involved with the installation and is not expected to address this situation.  The main issue is with the signal level outside the building.  The two towers that serve this area are at Clark Mountain (Near Patricia Street) and over near Midfield on the Bessemer super highway. This building is in a hole.  The BDA requires exact coordinates, which may have changed from the original installation.  The plan is to get good coordinates and try to realign the outside antenna with one of the two towers.  After that, going higher is probably the only solution. That is not possible with the antenna mast on top of the building.

No one is more frustrated than me.  Everyone remaining patient will help the situation. If everyone wants to help, they can call Verizon and voice their dissatisfaction with the poor wireless signal level.  My understanding is that the Verizon or AT&T LTE should penetrate the buildings but I don’t think the signal level is sufficient to do that at the Hueytown office building.

0 Likes