Warranty/Insurance claims
stevenc11

Lets say you get a replacement device from an insurance claim, do you have to go through the insurance every time to replace your device because they replaced it for you? If that is the case, is there any way to get back to verizon sending you the device? Please help, thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Warranty/Insurance claims
budone
Legend

Little lost on your question. But the synopsis is:

If within the 1st year, if there is a manufacturer flaw that makes your phone not work the way it should, you contact VZW and they will ship out a replacement within 5 business days with a return label to send the old phone

If within the 1st year AND the 2nd year, if you have the correct insurance and you drop the phone, get it wet, crack the screen.....you contact the insurance carrier, usually Asurion. They ship you a replacement and a label to ship it back.

For the 2nd year for manufacturer flaws, if you have insurance you deal with that company.

You deal with VZW only for the 1st year and only for manufacturer defects

If you had to use insurance the 1st year, you must deal with them for the remainder of the time you have the insurance

0 Likes
stevenc11

If I had a replacement form Asurian for a crack or something, do I have to go to them for any other replacement I get?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yes, whether you are in the 1st or 2nd year of the contract. Once insurance has replaced a device, they need to be used from there on out

The original phone with a specific ESN is what VZW will cover. Once that phone is gone, VZW will not handle replacements

0 Likes
stevenc11

Thanks for the answer, even though its not what I wanted to hear :[. Thanks anyway, having trouble with Asurion. They can prove to be annoying. Good night

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What's the issue?

0 Likes