Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
Cacvzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had that happen. My phone could not have been in better shape and they said the screen was unresponsive or cracked. It had to be responsive to do the factory reset before I sent it in and it darn sure was not cracked.

Sounds. like a good little scam they have going. No more trade ins on phones. 

etcallhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me today.  First of the week we went into a non Verizon corp store.  We were only planning on getting my wife a new phone. Oh I'll check for you about upgrading your Motoz2  to a z4 .. Looks like you can get $200. for tradein.  So we both got new phones , my z2 is working perfect had no issues, but we agreed  and our bill raised maybe $15 over what it had been when I was just paying for my z2.

Later in the day received a message,,  Your phone is not eligible for $200 . So that night chatted with Verizon wireless, agent (no name given my mistake) told me yes I could get the $200.. So sent my person we got phone from keep my phone at your location we would pick it up on Friday.

No problem he kept my phone ,  last evening started another chat with Verizon ,, Yep NOT ELIGIBLE FOR for credit.. but wait a few months to let your purchases catch up with your bill, it will show up by then .

I told agent how can that happen when my invoice shows NO TRADE-IN PLUS I HAVE THE Z2 IN MY HAND AT MY HOUSE.

After several more minutes ,, advised agent I would go to a Wireless store.

Today drove to nearest store 20-25 miles away.  and Yep I can get $10.00 for trading in my z2 .

I was nice told her forget it ,  she advised me I didn't have a protection plan for $3x.xx a month for each phone . Told her I declined the plan,, I now have a back up  my old z2.

I'm a  retired Verizon lan line employee with over 34 years of service, great way to treat the ones who made their job possible

kma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never use this program! I sent in my device I had told them I was going to, perfect condition! Then they say I sent in a different device and added $400 to my bill. Called them multiple of times and claimed to have fix things but never reflects on my bill. They also charged my card when I never authorized it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Etcallhome, our trade-in program is supposed to provide you with peace of mind, not have you feeling this way. We value your long-standing loyalty, and I want to look into this for you. What day was your initial order processed? Did you complete a trade-in submission online, or did the store agent assist you with the submission? I've sent you a Private Note, and I look forward to hearing from you.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
etcallhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried replying to your email you sent me ,, Failure    Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

Never received a Submission ID #  , but I do have my z2 phone.

etcallhome
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Tuesday March 10 2020 is when I got my new phone.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@etcallhome 

The email was more likely a notification of a private message in the community forum. You need to reply to the private message through the Verizon Wireless Community forum and not the email notification. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to feel this way. We see how this whole situation is concerning and we want to be sure that we clarify in any way we can. Can you please provide us more details regarding the situation? Was this a trade-in or an early upgrade? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
etcallhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was suppose to be a Trade-in  per agent at a non Verizon company store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that your trade-in goes through without an issue is a must. How did you submit the trade-in request? Did you visit www.vzw.com/tradein website to start the process? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes