Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time is extremely valuable, and we definitely want to make sure that this ordeal comes to an end. It's our priority that we clarify all your concerns regarding your trade-in so that we can turn this experience around. We've contacted you via a Private Note to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Verolm86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email saying the device was different than expected. This is a lie. I sent the device in good condition why is Verizon such a scamming phone company? Do I need to report this to the BBB?? 

Muzair1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is an old thread but boy i was about to get in to the same cluster mess as you guys, i got 2 early warning before i even sent in my trade in and then master google brought me to verizon community forum about these scam running trade in. I tried in store for trade in, didn't work then i ordered the phone online and selected trade in old device on same line as upgrading, order went through, confirmation email about order and trade in came in then 2 minutes later "your trade in submission has been cancelled due to system issue, please submit a new one". So i submit a new one, 2 minutes later same email, submit another one, 2 minutes later same. I called customer service she tells me just send in the device with one submission id and you should be good, yeah right! Thats where i ran into this thread. Order returned! Wanted to upgrade three devices on account but thanks to you guys, saved me a lot of run around headache. When i joined Verizon wireless i brought all my own devices which i buy from samsung directly, their trade in is a breeze, gotten 4 phones with trade in zero problems! 

Verizon deal at 50% off device is way too good to be true so far, i am pretty sure for some people it works smoothly but people on this thread and some other thread where people had to call BBB and their DA for help in this and 2 days later problem is fixed, yeaahhhh, dont have this much time!

Hope everyone staying safe during these times.

Take care

0 Likes
Muzair1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you do now, no other choice you have. There is going to be lot of run around for you, if you contact BBB/your DA as well, magic happens, different people start calling you and your issues resolve much quicker.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Muzair1

We're sad to hear that you had such a negative experience when trading in your devices. Your feedback is being uplifted to our leadership team to ensure that your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future are heard. Additional information regarding the steps on how to trade in your device has been provided in this website link for future references. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/

0 Likes