vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you receive a Submission I.D.?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
etcallhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not and do not have a submission ID.   I still have my old z2 phone  and my new z4

I've answered this 2 or 3 times and have heard NOTHING.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you please provide the address of this store location? 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Jasmine09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going through this right now. As a matter of fact I have been waiting on the line for a supervisor for over 45 minutes. 

they took my daughters iPhone 8, it had a tiny chip in the corner paint, Verizon approved it in store as good and I would get $500 credit for trade in as we were coming over from AT&T. I submitted the devices on 2/2... I had to call 4/8 to get an update. Haha at the 3-5 day appraisal, and I’m sure no one would have called me either.

they said it’s damaged and unusable (complete garbage for a paint chip) and not only do they refuse to give me my phone back, they won’t give me a penny. I don’t know about you, but taking property in return for money, then keeping the property without any payment is the definition of FRAUDULENT THEFT. 

Still on hold. They try to make you give up and hang up. I’m calling every news station, attorney general, and BBB. They literally are stealing my property and refusing to return it or give me money for it.

scam. Switching to another company ASAP!  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we'd want is to lose you as a customer. We understand how this situation can cause you some concern. To be transparent, devices must be in good physical condition and work properly. This means that if there was a chip or crack on the phone of any kind then it would be ineligible for Trade-In promotions. In addition, once a device is received and scanned at our warehouse, there is not a way to send it back to the customer. Please review Trade-In FAQs: http://vz.to/XQFgxI. We encourage to work with the current supervisor to see what can be offered. We are sorry for the inconvenience. SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
Vrose16x
Enthusiast - Level 1

this happened to me too.  I sent in my iphone 7 and was in great condition. Kept it in an Lifeproof case and have pics of how perfect it was before i sent it but they said it was very damage and gave me like $30 trade in value.  It was a 128gb, red and in like new condition. Honestly if i were to open it up i would have thought it was never used.  They said they were going to send me pics of how the phone is broken but haven’t sent the pictures.  They are total thieves.  I wish i would have just kept my phone and sold it privately.  Ive been a verizon custom since i was a teenager and i cant believe they are treating their customers this way.  What a terrible business. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your trade in is vital, especially if it was given a lower value than expected. We send you a Private Note

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Kim1902
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here. I was promised $450 for my trade-in that was in perfect condition, but they are only crediting me for $200. We would never have traded it in for $200, it would have been a perfect back-up phone to keep on hand. I've wasted numerous HOURS calling and doing online chat to resolve the problem. Every rep says they see I was approved for 450 and say they have my account fixed to credit me appropriately, but it never happens.  One online chat lasted over 2 HOURS. I was never rude and stayed patient. I didn't mind the wait to get it fixed, but, he didn't fix it so it was for nothing.  My time is valuable also and I've wasted too much of it.  I have print outs of my online chats proving what I was told during my conversations. I am furious over this misrepresentation of Verizon. It's not ethical. What can I do?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your efforts and the time you have put into this, Kim1902. Your time is valuable and we'd like to take another look into your trade-in.We will find out what's going on with the trade in value and ensure there is a resolution for you. Please reply to the Private Note for further assistance.  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
house69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going through this right now myself.  I started to do a trade in on line for my 6s and there was a $200/trade in for my phone plus another $300 promotion on the new phone (pixel 4). It showed both discounts in the cart but I was still nervous so did their chat. They confirmed that I would receive both promotions and handled everything. I only had to go pick up the new phone and within a few days when the package came in the mail for my old phone, put it in and mail it.    I didn't receive the package.      I called and the person was not listening & I had to repeat most things 3 and 4 times.   I was on the phone over an hour.  Finally he said he would process the return of the phone (confirmed the phone and number the trade in was on) he did the trade in on the wrong phone (a lower quality phone) and used the number that is on a tablet??       I received the package, took a picture of the phone in perfect condition on the bubble wrapper and mailed it in.   I received an email that it was received and "they received a different device than exptected, Better qualifying promo found) and I received $12.     I contacted chat again and after over an hour talk trying to prove there was a $200 trade in promotion (asked if I had a print screen etc??? the promotion was still on going so I told him that)   I said to just send my phone back and I'll return the new one.                      he checked and  said yes, he sees it now.. (tried to get me to accept $24 and I said I wanted the $200)    alot of bait and switch.       he said if I do another trade in submission online for the correct phone, he will then take that and apply the $200 credit.   I asked if i evetually want to trade in the other phone, will that cause an issue because they will show it already traded in!   He said it wouldn't.    I waited another month and no credit. nothing.   I did another chat and this time he said he didn't see the $12 credit on my account showing I returned the phone, that I would need to provide proof (really?! it was on my bill AND you sent me an email when you received it)   he then (after much back and forth) said it was cracked and that's why it was denied.    No it wasn't cracked. I have a picture and it wasn't denied, it was approved but no promotion was given.    If it truly was cracked (it wasn't) why was it approved and why didn't any of the other representatives say that?   they were trying everything they could to not pay..if one failed they would make up another excuse and actually lied.       They can promise you whatever they want and it doesn't matter, they can just keep the phone and give you whatever they choose.    I could have sold this to my neighbor for $90 and would have done that.  This is basically theft and I have wasted almost 7 hours on the phone and chat over this and alot of frustration. I'll be contacting their corporate office, bbb and Attorney General.  I have been along time customer and never expected this from them.  I'm on hold with them now to try one last time.  So far another 30 minutes wasted on this today.    DO NOT USE THEIR TRADE IN PROGRAM! It's fraudulent and a scam/