Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
chandu8019
Enthusiast - Level 1

same thing happened with me. how should we handle this to get the full price?? 

Ice8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is my story... warning this is going to sound very familiar. 
I traded my iPhone 6+ with 128gb for a $200 credit. On a new iPhone 11 ( which terrible) I was given a mailing envelope and a box to return my used phone. The sales rep at the Verizon store marveled at the mint condition of my used phone. I cleared the phone removed the SIM card, placed it in the padded envelope, placed it in the box and sent it with the prepaid shipping label.

a few weeks later I was notified that my returned phone was only worth $15.50 and not the $200 promised. Here is the actual notice I received from Verizon. 

Device trade-in details

Submission date:11/30/2019

Submission ID:21000002025289

Order number:408037

Location code:7185801

Make/Model:Apple Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in Space Gray

Device ID submitted:354387061465145

Estimated trade-in value:$8.33/mo for 24 months

Actual device traded:Apple-Apple A1522 iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in Space Gray

Actual device ID:354387061465145

Final trade-in value:$15.50

Adjustment reason:Your screen was unresponsive or had cracks, Better qualifying promotion found
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ice8, we want to congratulate you on upgrading to a new device! Making sure you are receiving the correct value for your promotional credit is important. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Ice8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it interesting that Verizon customer service reps want to take these issues  "offline"  in a "private msg". 
This answer is simple... give the rebate promised, or return the trade in. We are all saying the same story so you are BUSTED VERIZON! Time to make it right instead of sweeping it under the rug. 
I would encourage everyone reading these posts to contact your local news station and ask them to investigate Verizon's tactics. This is going to make a great news story around the country and in thousands of cities. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ice8,

Our customer's security is very important to us. We do not discuss personal account details in a public form in order to maintain security and privacy.

If you received lesser trade-in value than what was initially going to be the case, we'd be more than happy to find out what took place and rectify anything that was incorrect. We can work with you in Private here, and in other platforms as well. I hope this is helpful.

ColinH_VZW

Jstoll74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too just had this happen. I switched over to Verizon only because of the trade in promotions. I was offered $400 for my 6s and after sending it in I was given only $14. I called twice was told Customer service couldn't do anything for me. I was reluctant to switch to Verizon from US Cellular but I did so only because of the promotion. Verizon service in my area is not as good as US Cellular and as soon as my contract is up I will be switching back

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us so soon after joining our team. Let's work together and turn this around. Did you receive any information about the trade in and why the value was adjusted? What did we advise? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
sbwilliams
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to both of the children and I was with them at the store when they said yes, everything looks great.  I also am the one who put the phones into the box to be mailed.  This is a bunch of garbage.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sbwilliams, we always want you to get the promotion you deserve. Were you able to complete your trade-ins? Did you receive the promotion? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
joebruin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, same thing happened to me. I bought a new phone because of the trade in program. Double checked everything and was in mint condition. Now they are saying I sent in a damage phone and giving me $0. Just WOW. Unbelievable. I guess I'm switching providers.