WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
WeAreFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just potentially had the worst customer experience ever with a Verizon wireless rep or "manager"! I had an issue and wanted to switch the phone that I ordered..found out during the process that although I was told otherwise, I couldn't switch phones - because of a balance - which is all cool I was preparing myself to accept that when first speaking with ZACHARY (a manager in customer care employee ID (removed) if that is a legit ID) and let me tell you all..I have NEVER...ever been spoken to like that in my life! I felt belittled and disrespected as he told me things such as "customers pay their bills" and "yeah I've been there I had to pay my bills and couldn't get a phone for 6 months!" Totally not empathetic as he interjected examples that had nothing to do with my issue! He was nasty the entire time, refused to give answers, and I find out that they canceled my whole initial order! So now they are not only not switching my device..but not sending me anything at all! He then tells me "oh I'm sorry the order was canceled..I can credit 30 dollars." And goes on to say "well this conversation isn't going to end with you getting a phone, this is taking up a lot of time so if there's nothing else I'm going to end this call" continuously being rude to me and as I brought that to his attention all he said was "mm hmm" EXCUSE ME? it was totally ridiculous and I have never had a Verizon experience like that! I want to escalate this issue and have it resolved! Where has customer service gone!

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon customer service is a joke.  They do not value their customers at ALL.  I have never had a good experience, in the 4 years I have been with them. 

WeAreFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been with them for 13 years! And now it's proving to not be worth it! Sounded like I was getting scripted responses when speaking to them! Making the customer satisfied just doesn't matter anymore. I'll definitely be looking into options

anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am doing the same!  In Houston, there are so many towers that no carrier really has issues with dropped calls or bad data coverage.  So Verizon's supposed superior network is exactly the same as everyone else here.  They need to do a major customer service overhaul if they want people to continue being loyal while paying DOUBLE that of other carriers with comparable service and noticeably better customer service.

0 Likes
WeAreFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here in NY! I used to be so proud to be on Verizon but now it's not worth the trouble!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am terribly sorry to hear how you were treated, WeAreFamily! I can definitely assist you in submitting feedback regarding this issue. This is not how we want to do business, and does not match the great customer experience we want you to have with our Customer Service team. Please reply to my Direct Message to persue this further.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the experience you had with ordering your phone WeAreFamily. This is not how you should be spoken to and we should always understand your concern along with finding you a resolution. Were you able to reorder your phone?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's no joke to us that you have not received the great customer service we strive to provide, anyarborough. What has happened that is making you feel this way about Verizon? We'd love to change your outlook on us.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
WeAreFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I was not able to get ANY resolution with this last phone call, quite disheartening and I want a resolution.

0 Likes
anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can feel free to read my post.  I have only one post, and it fully explains my complaints.  And, you will see the customer service response to my post, where they again tried to give me the same inaccurate answer as in my complaint - which had they read just a little further, stated I had already proved that answer to be incorrect, and gotten the correct solution allowed by my agreement, but only after a very long and stressful process in which I had to read the agreement to the rep. The rep still denied the option was available and claimed that the "tricky" wording in the contract had me confused, and only when elevated to a supervisor did they review the agreement and concede that I was in fact correct, and apologized for the confusion.  But I should not have had to do all that.  And that is my common experience when dealing with Verizon customer service and tech support.  I do not believe my outlook can be changed, but I do appreciate your concern.

0 Likes