Voicemail says full when empty
Edfreedman
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail says full when empty
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help with your voicemail concern, let's look into this. When did the problem begin? What is the make/model of your device? AyaniB_VZW

hfw3

This is happening across the board.  Happened last week and again today.  It has to be a Verizon system wide problem, no?  Need to get it fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the iPhone, it is a disconnect between the Apple voicemail system on the phone and the Verizon voicemail system. You have to manually call the voicemail system at *86 and enter your voicemail password to access the voicemails stored on the Verizon Wireless servers. There are a number of previous discussions in the community forum that spell out the instructions in detail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hfw3, we apologize for the recurring nature of the voicemail stating it’s full. Fellow community member, Ann154, has a great suggestion if your device is an iPhone.

We realize it’s uncommon to call into voicemail since the release of visual voicemail. If the voicemail password needs to be updated when calling into the voicemail number, then that can be completed using these steps:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206734/

Note: the link above are the steps for the Apple iPhone. If your device is something else, then use the “Reset Voicemail Password from My Verizon” link below “Related Topics.”

Let us know your results.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
N7GTJ

Both the IPhone and Vorizon voicemail state that there are no voicemails. All have been cleared from phone and deleted. Yet it tells everyone voicemail is full. Have reset back to default greeting, no change. *86 tells me no voicemail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

N7GTJ, I am sad to hear that you are still having issues with the voicemail after the troubleshooting steps you performed. No worries, let's keep working together to get this resolved. Let's try doing a Reset Network Settings. This will not delete any of your personal content but it will reset your device back to our network which will resolve the voicemail issue. Follow the steps in the link below to do so. Please reach back out to us if the problem persists. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Jimsface
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like the remedy I used isn't mentioned here-there are "Deleted Messages" on your I phone scroll down in Voicemail to see them-they are deleted, but still saved on the phone-nothing else worked, and it's a serious flaw-but empty the deleted messages-all should be fine after that...ridiculous, but it worked perfectly.

natkita

I tried that - removing the deleted messages. Still says voice mail is full when people call me. And calling in to retrieve the voice mails??? I don't understand what that would possibly fix, as the problem is NOT that I can't get my voice mails. The problem is that people can't leave me voice mails because it says my voice mail is full. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes