Re: Visual Voicemail and data charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomseys, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your questions for our Basic Visual Voicemail feature. Ensuring that you are able to get the best information possible is a must. To answer your question, being able to receive your voicemails will require your device to be connected to the Verizon Wireless network. When using this feature, little to no data will be used when downloading a voicemail. On average, Basic Visual Voicemail can use less than a fraction of 1MB if not less. This can vary depending on the amount of downloading that takes place when using the feature.

JoseL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

tomseys wrote:

Thanks boringusername.

I'm just trying to get confirmation if it uses it or not. Some people who use prepaid or mnvos for example may not even have 1GB of data available.

That's why I'm trying to get a handle on whether it does or doesn't. I'm sure if it does its a very small amount of data.. it's not like you are downloading a full HD movie... but I just want to know if it does at all.

It states in the FAQ that VVM can incur data charges but doesn't state how or what conditions. It is a little more descriptive about HD Video Volte calls for example, stating the video can use around 8mb a minute (going by memory). It doesn't offer anything like that for VVM no matter how small. It's vague.

MVNOs has nothing to do with Verizon. As far as prepaid the smallest plan is 3 GB. At any rate as I said you have to have 5 hours a DAY of VM to equal 1 GB. If each VM is 30 seconds that's 18,000 VM a month. Are you going to have 18,000 in a month? Even if you had 10 VM a day that would be 1/60th of a GB per month. This is really a non-issue to be worrying about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, tomseys! We are terribly sorry to hear you were not able to post a response. Remember with the visual voicemail data charges apply for app and message downloads and emails initiated from the app. Do you have any other question we can help you with?

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail inbox for the line might also get full rather quickly with that many voicemails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I would be equally curious is Basic Voicemail uses data Tomseys. I am more than happy to clarify this for you. If you call *86 then there is no data charges but minutes will be deducted. If you are using Visual Voicemail then you will get charged a subscription of $2.99 plus data. Basic voicemail will not occur any charges. Does this provide clarity?  

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tomseys
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. Thank you ... I thought this was the case.. that data is charged when you use basic visual voicemail.

And that's fine.. I just read conflicting things. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes