Visual VM
HChelette

I do NOT want Visual voicemail, but I am unable to get past VVM setup when trying to access the Voice Mail app on my new MotoX. When I decline the service the app closes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual VM
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail app is only for the Visual Voicemail. The basic voicemail is accessed from the dialer or the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HChelette

I just went into my online account manager and blocked the adding of VVM to my account. We'll see if that stops the pop-up from keeping me out of my VM app on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was a great idea to change your features online, HChelette. To ensure the feature change is recognized by your phone, go into Settings>Manage Applications>scroll over to All>Voicemail (or Visual Voicemail depending on your phone) and select Clear Data. This won't erase your voicemails but will reset the voicemail app to make sure it no longer tries to set up visual voice mail if you have basic voice mail selected through My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
HChelette

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately neither my online action nor your suggested on-phone action worked. When I click on my Voice Mail app the Visual Voice Mail setup still pops up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail app is only for the Visual Voicemail. The basic voicemail is accessed from the dialer or the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes