Visual VM is it worth it?
Bazooka
I was thinking of signing up for the Visual VM but I am not likely to be getting alot of calls I think. Is it even worth the 2.99+tax?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual VM is it worth it?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I can tell you this much . . . VVM has been causing a number of gremlins in people's phones lately.   The primary one that I see the most is the phone going straight to VM rather than even ring (regardless of other settings).   I've told people to shut off VVM and the issue went away.   I personally don't use it and some people use it without trouble.   Just thought I'd pass that caution on to ya.   Do give it a try and see how it works for you.   However, if strange things start to happen well then . . . 

dancingphone.gif

View solution in original post

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
Depends how often you call your voicemail!  I didn't bother with it myself, but remember when you call your VM from your handset, it does charge you airtime for the call (it does not count as m2m or anything either).  Visual VM does not go against your airtime... although I don't know if it uses data or not.
Message Edited by risu on 06-15-2009 10:54 AM
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
Visual Voice mail DOES use data. I have it, and the data icons come on when checking etc.
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for adding that Carm!  I don't have it, so I wasn't sure.  :smileyhappy:

So, there you have it.  Its a personal preference that you'll have to decide for yourself.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I can tell you this much . . . VVM has been causing a number of gremlins in people's phones lately.   The primary one that I see the most is the phone going straight to VM rather than even ring (regardless of other settings).   I've told people to shut off VVM and the issue went away.   I personally don't use it and some people use it without trouble.   Just thought I'd pass that caution on to ya.   Do give it a try and see how it works for you.   However, if strange things start to happen well then . . . 

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Just because you see the data icons moving doesn't mean you're getting CHARGED for the data. You'll only get charged for MBs for the intial download or updates to the application. You will not get charged MB or airtime while viewing/playing/deleting the voicemails from the application.
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

nmchileman wrote:
Just because you see the data icons moving doesn't mean you're getting CHARGED for the data. You'll only get charged for MBs for the intial download or updates to the application. You will not get charged MB or airtime while viewing/playing/deleting the voicemails from the application.
So, how would you know if you are or not? I mentioned in another post that I surfed the web for 30 minutes two weeks ago, and done alot other things and only show .011 MB, and my cycle has not ended yet, so clearly that issue needs to be addressed as well.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The only way to know is to read the details of the application either before downloading it or on the vzw.com website. Usuing the MobileWeb app will certainly bill you MBs but the usage you can get out of it is pretty generous. Typically you can get about 30-50 different pages in the mobile web before it equals 1 MB @ $1.99. Or if you have a phone with a HTML browser (Voyager, Glyde, Versa, EnvTouch) then it's a little smaller at about 15-25 different pages =1 Megabyte.

Keep in mind the usage isn't always up to date, data usage especially can take several weeks sometimes to be reported on the website. So check back often.

0 Likes
dolphn85
I use VVM and I love it because it shows who the message is from before you even listen to it so you can delete before you even listem to it if you want to and you dont have to put your password in or anything.
0 Likes
Bazooka
Hmm I think I will wait then before signing up to see how much I use VM. Thanks for all the input everyone!
0 Likes