Video Quality on the 55+ Loyalty Plan
twm53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never thought I'd say I'm lucky to be in FL, but seems this plan is now limted to FL at least as far as a billing address. Anyway, I share my plan with my daughter for now and to-date it has worked out well. But my wife is retiring soon and I'll need to add her line. Since the plan is limited to 2 lines, I'm not clear on how the third line is treated, but guessing we will either switch all 3 to another plan or have my daughter go on her own. One thing to consider will be video data quality - I can find no info about this plan video quality anywhere. I am guessing it is the lowest 480p but would be good to know for comparing to alternate plans.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Video Quality on the 55+ Loyalty Plan
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

It is "SD" so 480P. I am on the loyalty plan, and have added another line recently, for a total of 3 lines and i did not have to change plan, im in NY. I don't know if its the same in FL. I also receive a 15$ auto pay discount $5/line

• Unlimited 4G LTE data*
  • Unlimited domestic Talk & Text
  • Talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada included
  • DVD-quality streaming (480p)
  • Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (600 Kbps)
  • Verizon Up rewards
  • 6-month Apple® Music promotion
Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to know the options for your account when you have these type of plans, we'll be glad to clarify this. In this case, it would not be possible to add a third line and keep the plan. However, you do have the option to create a sub-account with a different plan and keep the 2 lines on the loyalty plan. This plan has the normal 480p streaming included. Does this help clarify your inquiry?

AlfredoL_VZW

View solution in original post

UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

It is "SD" so 480P. I am on the loyalty plan, and have added another line recently, for a total of 3 lines and i did not have to change plan, im in NY. I don't know if its the same in FL. I also receive a 15$ auto pay discount $5/line

• Unlimited 4G LTE data*
  • Unlimited domestic Talk & Text
  • Talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada included
  • DVD-quality streaming (480p)
  • Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (600 Kbps)
  • Verizon Up rewards
  • 6-month Apple® Music promotion
Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to know the options for your account when you have these type of plans, we'll be glad to clarify this. In this case, it would not be possible to add a third line and keep the plan. However, you do have the option to create a sub-account with a different plan and keep the 2 lines on the loyalty plan. This plan has the normal 480p streaming included. Does this help clarify your inquiry?

AlfredoL_VZW

twm53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, thx - I originally had a shared data plan that worked out fine since both of us are generally on WiFi at home or work. Only time either of us approached limit was when traveling. Being well over 55, I read about the unlimited special discount plan for seniors. It has worked out really well. It's a shame it is not offered nationwide - it should be. Anyway when I swap in my wife to the senior plan, I'll probably go the sub acct for my daughter and can advise that if video is currently good enough for her, then no need to pay extra for higher quality. 

0 Likes
twm53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same plan - great deal for seniors. I didn't know about it until I read an article about the carriers offering senior plans. I heard it was originally nationwide but now limited to FL and those already on it can keep it. We get the per line discount as well. When I switched over to it the 2 line limit was in place, but my wife is on her work plan so I offered it to my daughter. As the mod says, they offer setting up a sub acct which will probably work out to be a break even. Currently our plan is just under $45/line with all taxes and discounts. 

0 Likes