Re: Very slow speeds since upgrading to Unlimited Plan
boringusername
Master - Level 1

sprmankalel wrote:

You should read the plan details and/or the FAQs.

On Beyond Unlimited you get 22GB to use on your device before being slowed. You also get 15GB to use through your device as a hot-spot before being slowed. They are separate caps.

No they are not and Verizon workers over at Reddit and Howard forums will confirm that. You do not get 37 GB. if you use 15 GB on hotpsot you only have 7 GB left on your phone before deprioritization kicks in. Once again don't believe me go to Reddit and Howardforums and ask people who actually work for Verizon.

0 Likes
PAUL-T
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then there should be a range and not saying "UP TO". Zero could be as you say "UP TO". Have them put that in there little disclaimer! They wouldn't dare do that because there "UP TO" can have you guys have less on that plan. Is zero acceptable to you?

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't have this problem because I have a tiered data plan so I will never get de-prioritized.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

PAUL-T wrote:

Then there should be a range and not saying "UP TO". Zero could be as you say "UP TO". Have them put that in there little disclaimer! They wouldn't dare do that because there "UP TO" can have you guys have less on that plan. Is zero acceptable to you?

There is a disclaimer. And UP TO is appropriate. Anyway here you go. Good luck at your new carrier.

AT&T

Sprint

T-Mobile

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

sprmankalel wrote:

I don't have this problem because I have a tiered data plan so I will never get de-prioritized.

Actually with safety mode after you've reached your data limit your speeds are throttled to 128 kbps. Which is worse than de-prioritization

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Who said that I have safety mode enabled? I didn't.

I manage my usage accordingly. If I don't want to pay extra or get slowed down, I stay within my limit.

0 Likes
STETRA83

My advice to anyone having this issue is to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC.

0 Likes
BuckJean0610
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
I completely agree. I am having the same PROBLEM when attempting to use my hotspot to download or even stream movies, also with my Verizon  " UNLIMITED DATA" plan.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BuckJean0610, we want you to have the speeds you need. What Unlimited Plan are you on? We do offer many options.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes