Very fed up with Verizon Wireless customer service, wanting to cancel?
Very_Patient

Let me start by saying I've had Verizon since it was Bell Atlantic Mobile.  As a current customer I have 7 phones and a hotspot, my monthly billing is somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 a month, my service has never been turned off for non payment.  I know in today's wireless this doesn't make me a special customer, if anything just a good customer to have if you are lucky enough to have me.

I only call into Verizon customer service when I need something.  Not want, not to complain, only need something.  Lets give some examples.  I received a $3,000 bill in the mail that had a ton of international LD charges on it.  So I call into Verizon because me nor my wife knows anyone in the Caribbean.  Not one to jump to judgement I politely called my wife first and asked if maybe she had a pool boy that went home to S. America that she was keeping in touch with, she assured me that she did not so then I called VZW.  It ended up being fraudulent activity that I spent a good deal of a day or so ensuring they were going to credit it off, and to VZ credit they did.  As annoying as that it, I understand that it happens.  Lets rewind to my previous phone call a month before this happen.

I added my wife to my plan, and my rate actually remained the same with the new plan (we won't complained that obviously that means I was over-billed for maybe two to three years if I can add a line and the rate is the same) so I was happy.  What I wasn't happy about was when I added her onto my plan I saw my upgrade date had been moved from 22 mo (which is what I agreed too, signed for, and used too) to the full 24 mo.  Calling into VZ customer service I just wanted what was fair, the ability to upgrade at 22 mo.  After being told no, hung up on by a supervisor (accidentally I'm sure) while they "researched" my current, 7 line $500 a mo account, and then calling in a finally getting someone who gave a rip, they told me I would manually be allowed to upgrade but I would just have to call into customer service and not go into a store.  To me this was fair, but again a good hour wasted trying to receive what I deemed fair to myself.

So, ff to after the $3k bill, which occurred after seeing my upgrade date changed, while my pregnant wife is out, and I'm at work I attempt to call her and I receive a fast busy on my cell.  I message her, same thing.  I log into my online account to see if I have forgotten to pay the bill and its paid, however I see my two devices has been changed from my i phones to some old Samsung phones.  Unfrigginbelievable.  Some one, some how, has swapped my phones with someone else phones.  Once again I check with my other lines to see if something happened accidentally, I was almost sure one of my sisters (one of the 7 lines) had went into a store and screwed up the account.  I called both (I own an ATT iphone as well) and neither has changed anything.  I then called VZ from my ATT phone and ask them WTH happened?  Being a former telecommunications rep I ask all the relevant questions (can you give me a location id where the change was made?  Was it online or a store? etc), after being blamed of changing it myself, I finally got my original phones turned back on for my wife and I.  However I then address the obvious with the representative, "honey your customer accounts are being hacked, and it's serious, I've been hit twice in three months."  Knowing this rep is on the bottom rung, will probably mention it to her supervisor who won't do anything about it, I also forward a suspicious text to VZ fraud dept as well.  While on the phone Im assure this won't happen again and for "safety and security" we changed my verification password.

So lets count, we have my account hacked once and my phones swapped, we have my numbers hacked and used for LD calls to the tune of $3k, and we have me adding a line and seeing my upgrade date has changed.  This is from July to DEC 2013

FF to 2014 Jan, my father is concern about his hotspot usage and would like to know why he keeps coming close to usage.  After explaining to my dad he shouldn't be using his ipad to view anything on NFLX he assures me he is not.  So I call in to verify what line is using up all the data usage on the account, when asked to verify my code, you know that code we assuredly had changed a few months earlier, Im told I need to go into a store and show ID.  Not sure about everyone else but I don't really like near a corporate VZ store, and secondly I can verify my SS, address on both accounts, all MTN's, when the phones were activated etc.  Yeah I just don't have the verification code that you guys supposedly changed after I requested a specific code since my account has been HACKED 2x in 6 mo.  Oh yeah, ALL I WANT IS USAGE ON MY ACCOUNT to see who's hogging the data.  Sigh.  After reasoning with the representative (and threatening to take the day off to escalate this up to the call center director if I need to so I can find out who is using up the most data) he gives me this information, and finally corrects my pass code.  I apologized to the rep because I know he's just doing his job, but at this point every time I need something simple from VZ it's an act of congress.

So lets go to what is the final straw for me, my wife and I welcomed our first child into the world on Feb 7th.  On the day we took him home it was raining pretty bad and her phone dropped and basically became water damage, once I had time to call in I was simply going to upgrade my line (remember that promise to upgrade manually if I call customer service) and switch my phone to hers.  Well I call in an after not finding the note (on hold 15 mins, then once the nice young lady came on line she had me on hold for maybe another 5, and her advising me of all she couldn't do), they finally locate the note that I am allowed to upgrade and bill my phone to my account EXCEPT an iphone.  Not to sound like a pretentious apple whore but everything I use is aapl.  Two laptops, one desktop, 3 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 ipods and a partridge in a iphone tree.  Yeah Im that guy.  At this point I tell her (VZ customer service rep) of my last 6 mo. with VZ and at this point, Im beyond frustrated.  My wife needs a phone and Im supposedly allowed to upgrade yet again VZ is telling me what they can't do.  Im not asking for a free phone, I just wanted to pay for a 64gb, iphone 5s, and switch my existing phone over to my wife number.

I ask the representative to just take ownership of this, I cannot spend hours on the phone with VZ every time I call in.  At this point I wanted one of two things, either allow me to upgrade my phone line or just zero out the contracts on these two lines and allow me to leave.  I have been more than patient and understanding with VZ.  At this point I believe any rational objective person can agree,  VZ and I need to break up at this point. Even the representative is in a bit of disbelief, she assures me she or someone will call me last night. 

Well now it's today.  Ball is in your court VZ.  Im a good day away from buying the domain, www.VerizonETFclassaction.com, tweeting it at you, making it a comment page until some ambulance chasing attorney decides to make it a class action case.  I couldn't care less about the money as much as Im demanding FAIR customer service to customers like myself that dealing with your nonchalant bullying.  So I ask you, what do you think is fair at this point?  Contact me directly.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very fed up with Verizon Wireless customer service, wanting to cancel?
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck.

You may be better off purchasing the domain www.whyclassactionwhensmallclaimsismoreappropriate.com 

You seem to have a VERY limited class there. I'm not sure you would be able to get enough people with similar circumstances EVEN if a class action was allowed.

Bring all of your evidence to small claims court if you feel you have a case. You will have a better chance of winning AND it will be adjudicated FAR quicker than any class action would ever take, were they allowed.

Good luck.

Not applicable

And as I posted many times, The Supreme Court does not allow them in their decision. The customer must use Arbitration (Never, Never use it ever!) or a single right of action. (Small claims or superior court)

I loved your domain howeverSmiley Happy

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well that's several minutes of my life reading this long post that I'll never get back....

I'll explain somethings to you. 1...This is not a direct message board to a vzw rep or higher who will read your post. 2. Yes, although things that happened to you are unfortunate, YOU have to take ownership of your account. Verizon does not babysit accounts. 3. Also due to high cases of fraud vzw does not allow I phones to billed to consumer (and possibly business) accounts. I never understood why cell phone carriers allowed phones to be billed to the account anyway. If you want or need the phone that bad pay for it like any other customer. If you can't do that and want to "break up" over it, be my guest. However any lines still under contract will be subject to a valid etf owed by yourself. 4. It was well publicized that upgrade dates would be changed going forward from date of said announcement. This was in bill notifications and print media. It's not Verizon fault that you may not receive a paper bill however if you log in your account you can regular see notifications.

congrats on the baby, sorry for the wet phone (again not a vzw issue)

See a pattern here?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And before you purse your lips or raise your hands to call me an employee or fanboy, please don't be "that guy". I am not. But I can clearly see how being an apple user has given you a false sense of entitlement. I'm just keeping it real with ya, sir.

0 Likes
Not applicable

pherson wrote:

And before you purse your lips or raise your hands to call me an employee or fanboy, please don't be "that guy". I am not. But I can clearly see how being an apple user has given you a false sense of entitlement. I'm just keeping it real with ya, sir.

You were doing so good up to when you bashed iPhone users. I know iPhone's take quite a lot of intelligence to operate, not easy like Android devices. But Apple made them for the elite consumer.

The manuals for the iPhone are on line. Come on and join us

Good Luck

0 Likes
Very_Patient

Well I can bill to my account but paying for the phone isn't the issue, it just simplier with the amount of fraud Ive dealt with VZ the past year.  Secondly Im not saying youre a fanboy, youre entitled to your opinion.  Thirdly I just wanted to see if anyone deals with what Ive dealt with a) and gripe b) and have a place for VZ to reference once I send them my Notice of Customer Dispute c).

See that's my taking ownership.  However being in business for myself and being someone who have to navigate decision makers on a daily basis, what's right is right and whats fair is fair.  Do you really think I believe I could beat VZ in a court case?  Im pretty sure my fine print in my contract prevents that, however bad publicity and awareness cost bad companies money.  My time is very valuable, and Im spending entirely too much of it with VZ.  So, maybe they need to spend some of their time addressing customers issues.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You must be mistaken. I utilize an ipad as well as an android device.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Smiley Happy I am happy you took my reply as the joking it was intended. I also have android devices with all my Apple devices.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And thanks for the complement

What's holding me back is lack of a bigger iphone and lack of an online music subscription catalogue.