Re: Very bad reception in area
somserv

Every single call made inside or outside the house. It is simple ridiculous!

0 Likes
Sonny_blonde

I have terrible reception on my new I phone 6. Last year at same time of year phone worked great. That was when I had an I phone 4. I was assured the 6 would work better. Now I am stuck in a device payment plan with a phone that cannot make a call. I have been trying for 6 months to get this issue resolved. Something changed. Maybe a tower. Who knows? Very frustrating to pay for a service that doesn't work. My area code is 12431.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very disappointing, Sonny.blonde. I want to see you enjoying your newer iPhone and the service we strive to provide. I checked out the 12431 area and don’t see any changes for the services there. There haven’t been many reports of trouble there in the past 6 months either. While I do see that service may vary throughout the area, we definitely want to concentrate on why you started having trouble. Was the change in service about the same time as you received your new iPhone? Do you have any other Verizon users at your home that have noticed a similar change? Does the difficulty happen all around town or at one particular location?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sonny_blonde

This whole area is bad. Text is good. My wife has an lg octane that works better. Can I go back to my I phone 4 and not have to pay for this one maybe a trade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don’t want to see you giving up on your great new phone, Sonny.blonde. While the area may still have challenges from what you’re mentioning, the 3G services are working well on your phone as well as the other devices. The iPhone 6 has a feature called HD Calling that allows calls over LTE service. If it’s not as strong, that may be the cause for the difference in your call quality. Please go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > uncheck Voice & Data and check Data Only.

I do want you to be happy and if you truly want to switch to your older phone you can in My Verizon http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-device-faqs but if you’re beyond your 14 day return www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/return-policy we wouldn’t be able to accept your phone back for a refund. You do always have the option to trade in your device through www.vzw.com/tradein too, but I know we can make it so you can enjoy your phone.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes