Very Upset
b_anderson1983

So I need to file  a complaint against a VERIZON store and I guess the company, however no one will help. There is no email to anyone one important or a 1-800 number. When me and my husband got married, we were both loyal VERIZON customers, so we decided to join our bills to one plan, because we were told we would save money. We would have, except when we came in the next month to make a payment, we were told by the clerk that we did not have to until the next month. We asked the clerk at the store to double check, which he did, and insisted that we did not have to make a payment until the following month. Okay that was fine, no problem, until we recieved a bill for almost $400 do to late fees for not paying the bill the month before! We took the bill to the store and explained what happen, the investigated and saw we were infact telling the truth, and then admitted that it was an error on their part, and were sorry it had happen. When we asked what they would do to fix it, they told us they would do a payment plan, to fix their mistake!! Why should we make payments when it was their fault and they admitted it was their fault? The manager called the VERIZON company to discuss what could be done, and this was done behind closed doors. When I was given the phone the person said it was my fault, and responsibility to pay!! I was told the company will research and give me a call back (at the store number) since my phone was off at that point, FOR FAILURE TO PAY, and no response! That was in 2013!  Now I have this bill on my credit score, and it has doubled!! I have since gone to prepaid, and recently called by VERIZON who has offered me a contract because of my on time faithful payments, but how can I when this is still not fixed! I would like to have this resolved and taken off my credit score!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Upset
rcschnoor
Legend

b_anderson1983 wrote:

So I need to file  a complaint against a VERIZON store and I guess the company, however no one will help. There is no email to anyone one important or a 1-800 number. When me and my husband got married, we were both loyal VERIZON customers, so we decided to join our bills to one plan, because we were told we would save money. We would have, except when we came in the next month to make a payment, we were told by the clerk that we did not have to until the next month. We asked the clerk at the store to double check, which he did, and insisted that we did not have to make a payment until the following month. Okay that was fine, no problem, until we recieved a bill for almost $400 do to late fees for not paying the bill the month before! We took the bill to the store and explained what happen, the investigated and saw we were infact telling the truth, and then admitted that it was an error on their part, and were sorry it had happen. When we asked what they would do to fix it, they told us they would do a payment plan, to fix their mistake!! Why should we make payments when it was their fault and they admitted it was their fault?

I don't understand what the problem is. A late fee is $5, that leaves $395 of VALID charges. Did you think you shouldn't have to pay any of that since they had previously told you you didn't have a payment?

REGARDLESS, according to the customer agreement, you should have paid the ENTIRE amount and THEN worked out the additional $5 which seems to be the amount in dispute.

From the customer agreement:

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

Additionally, since this happened in 2013, you have passed the 180 day window to dispute charges IN WRITING. I would have paid the $5 late fee along with the actual bill and then requested the $5 be credited to my account. If you NORMALLY pay your bill on time and this was the first time it had happened, they would likely have made the $5 credit.

Furthermore, did you not have a bill in your hand when you initially went into Verizon to make the payment? If so, did they say why you weren't obligated to pay that amount but instead said you didn't owe anything. It seems you could have mailed in the payment your bill stated was due. Your story just seems to have more questions than answers.

0 Likes
b_anderson1983

I never recieved a new bill until the late bill came in, because we just transfered the accounts to one. At that store we usually walk in give them out phone numbers, pay the bill, and leave with a reciet. That why i asked the clerk to double check. I'm just going to terminate my relationship with verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Over a $5 misunderstanding?  That's rational.

0 Likes
b_anderson1983

No its not over $5, its over the fact that I'm fed up, and other issues. The big bill was do to other purchaces and two combined bills. I did not post for harassment or to be criticised, all i wanted was a number. However it doesnt matter now. I have actually been contacted by VERIZON, so this is not needed. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi b_Anderson1983, I apologize for the billing issues and the other issues you said you had that is causing you to want to leave us. I do not want you to leave and wnat to assist. In your earlier post, you mentioned this happened well over 2 years ago related to the late fee. However, what current issues are you having besides a late fee going back that far? I am sending you a private message to address your current concerns.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes