Very Poor Service
wdtexan

I am getting tired of notifying Verizon about the SORRY INTERNET Service, (if you want to call it service, I've never gotten but maybe 25% of what I pay for).  I live approximately 1-1/2 miles from a Verizon Tower.  I have had nothing but problems connecting to the internet and having Dropped Calls constantly.  I have notified Verizon Cust Support and the Local Verizon Reps as well about this issue.  EVERY TIME I talk to a Verizon Tech, They assure me that the problem will be resolved.  YEAH HAHAHAHAHAHA, I am tired of being laughed at behind my back by the so called Technicians.  I was told to buy and install a Network Extender, HAHA, I live 1-1/2 mile from a Verizon Tower.  I did so anyways and it does keep my signal at FULL but NO 3G, only 1X with FULL Signal.  I can make a call and be right next to the NE and all of a sudden DROPPED CALL.  I quickly look at my phone and it it sitting at ZERO BARS SIGNAL 1X and that is withing 3-5 feet of the NE.  I can get in my car and drive within 100 yards of the tower and have 3G FULL Signal.  I can drive about 1/2 mile away and have 2 bars Signal 1X.  WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?  I signed a CONTRACT FOR CELLULAR SERVICE not OCCASIONAL Cel Service.  I pay my bill ontime and this is what I get. 

I am getting SICK & TIRED of being lied to over and over by Tech Support.  I am sure there is a way or a loophole to hold them for BREACH of CONTRACT.  I will continue to make my claims and DOCUMENT EVERY ONE, ie.: Date, Time, Number, Person Spoken to and what I was told.  If this continues I will notify my Attorney and all others such as FTC, BBB and so on.  I have done everything I have been asked to do and more.  I have even paid for NEW PHONES because I was told it was the phone causing the problems. 

Is anyone else haveing thes kinds of problems too?  I would like some Verizon Reps to contact me even and explain why this is happening and not lie to me about 4G will be in my area by the end of June 2012 or as they told me when I renewed my contract 2 years ago that it would be installed in my area by September 2010.  HAHA dont lie to me again because I have documented the conversation time, date and your name.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Poor Service
njstrac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live 1 mile from our VZ tower. I know this is our tower because 3 years ago a contractor cut the fiber between the tower and the Central Office and we totally lost service for 36 hours until the fiber was repaired. 99% of the time we have max signal strength. Since 7-22 we have been having the same problem (intermittent strength of signal on 1X and 3G, ranging from strongest to nothing) with both my wife's cell phone and mine. Plus my daughter and her husband have been here visiting and both of their VZ cell phones are doing the same thing. Also, my 3G VL600 USB device shows a meandering signal (from max to nothing). A total of 5 devices doing the same thing! Weird thing is when using the phones, the person on the other end say they can hear us perfectly. But we are not hearing something like every 3rd or 4th word from them (in other words, transmit from my end seems fine, but receive is screwed up). Also, the voice mail is totally dumping out after about 15 or 20 seconds. It says "signal faded and call lost". We can't retrieve our voice mail. 3 calls to VZ service (with all their usual do this and do that) and a trouble ticket issued 2 days ago. No response to any of these things.  Super frustrating ......

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As to your signal issues, I have no answer.

However, you can retrieve your voicemail from any landline phone. Just call your number, hit the # key when voicemail picks up and you will be instructed to input your pin #. You can then listen to all of your voicemails.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

You have first names, from whatever call center in the country, good luck.  There is no lie, you assume that being that close to a tower and having a network extender right next to you and having your phone still not pick up signal at all falls back on the service provider?  OBVIOUSLY the issue is one of two things.  Environmental signal disruption, or just a defective crappy phone.  Calling and acting frustrated will just make the rep do whatever it takes to get you off the phone, and cloud their judgement.  Trust me never be rude to employees that are providing you a service you want and rely on them for, you wont get good service if you do.  And if you are rude then yeah they probably are laughing about you behind their back for the ten seconds they remember you after the call.  I used to work for at&t and if my customer was rude, well they got the service level you give a rude customer.  Right or wrong that's how it is most of the time.  I had to fight with my electric company for 5 months for charging me my neighbors usage plus mine because i blew up at the first guy i spoke with and he royally botched up my account in retaliation.

0 Likes