Very Dissatisfied with Support - Always this poor>
James_Smith01

I have called support roughly five times now regarding an issue with my account. I was instructed to go to retention services to get compensation for the rude support, and a lack-there-of of actual support. Upon calling Retention, I was treated even worse than I was previously, and they told me there was nothing that could be done at all.

Are all Verizon wireless agents this rude? I just wanted an issue cleared with my account. They claim they care but the evidence is case-in-point on this one it seems.

Note: I sent an email regarding this, but I really doubt a respond. Will update with details.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Dissatisfied with Support - Always this poor>
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

You are not alone in your experience of insultingly incompetent customer service, most times you call you are not even talking to a verizon employee. They just figure that most people will give up in frustration or accept the first answer they get, which 90% of the time is wrong. this company has the worst cs of any large company I have ever seen but let them have it, don't put up with their garbage. 

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

So whats the problem?

0 Likes
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get used to it. Verizon hates their customers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So what's the issue with your account that causes Verizon CS to be rude and incompetent?

0 Likes
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my 3rd HTC incredible 4g lte due to a screen defect. It is obviously a manufacturing defect because it is repeatable on 3 phones. They want to charge me a 35$ fee to switch it out for another device, but I can keep switching it for the same one. Also having to switch from an unlimited plan to one of the new plans was kind of a drag. also the Droid X I had crapped out, because of a battery discharge problem. (Not verizon's fault, but still makes me bitter).

So mainly the illegal charging of fees I guess. Also since I am a share holder it disheartens me to see all these complaints.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You certainly deserve the best customer service James.Smith01. First, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience surrounding your phone or service. We want to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed the first time you contact us. I regret that this commitment has not been met. Please allow me to restore you confidence in Verizon Wireless. What is going on with your phone or service? Provide details so that I can better assist you. Looking forward to addressing and resolving your concerns.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

shadowtracker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with customer service:-( Yet another disheartened customer who has been with Verizon for more than 15 years. It is sad, after all the unhappy customer posts I've read here and on Facebook that it takes someone threatening a law suit that sounds valid for a Verizon rep to chime in!

Over the years, CS has been customer oriented, but over the last 2-3 years, that has all changed, and I really feel like they no longer care if you're a customer, they don't want to work with you at all they just want their money, and they will threaten you with disruption of service if you don't comply with how they want it done.

I can't treat my customers the way Verizon treats me, or I would be out of business!

cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

In the words of John McClane from 'Die Hard', "Welcome to the party, pal." I share a plan with my Aunt, whom has been a Verizon Wireless customer since 1994. I've been on the account for 8 or 9 years now. I've had several issues with Verizon over that period of time. Most of the time these issues seem to pop up when it's time to upgrade my device. Like 4 years ago they had to send me three LG Chocolate 3 phones because all of them had a defective Micro-SD cover that kept popping open. Not really Verizon's fault, but they certainly didn't make it any easier on me with the constant attitude that they were doing me the favor of replacing the defective device they sent me in the first place. Eventually after the third phone had the same problem they agreed to let me switch phones, so I got a Motorola flip phone which ended up lasting me 2 years. The only reason I replaced that was because the charger port went after normal wear and tear over the 2 years of use. Let's not forget about the time Verizon tried to charge me $4,300 for going over my data limitations, when at the time I had no data plan to begin with. Long story short, I purchased a "subscription" to a feature that claimed to be $2.99 per month. However, it didn't say anything about data fees not being included, or the fact it used data at all. It was definitely a misunderstanding, and again, not completely Verizon's fault. After a few weeks of calls to various supervisors and a letter to corporate they finally agreed to waive the fees. They were supposed to waive it all, but ended up charging me $1,200, which I paid because I too shared some responsibility in the matter. They did tell me they would waive it all. Didn't happen, so I bit the bullet and moved on. Let's fast forward to 2 months ago. I'm currently waiting for Verizon to send me another Samsung Galaxy S3 which they said they would do as soon as they became available again. Still waiting. The first one had scratches on the back of the cover when it arrived to me and the box that it came in looked like it had been through World War 3. Strange for a phone, that at the time, was on pre-order and had been sent directly to me when Verizon received it into their warehouse. I've had other issues that I could go on and on about, and right about now I'm wondering why I even bothered to renew my contract for another two years. Poor call on my part I guess. Verizon has lied to me on several different occasions to avoid giving me something they didn't want to give me. Like when I needed to exchange a phone and the rep told me the 14 day exchange policy has been in place "forever", when clearly it's a policy that has been introduced sometime over the past 2 years, and is probably new to people now upgrading their devices. I called them on that one and they admitted it's relatively new, and therefore had to reluctantly help me. It's no mistake that Verizon continues to be consistently criticized for their customer service woes. I've never seen a company that uses their Terms & Agreements as a way to get out of helping the customer when problems arise like Verizon does, and continues to. It's too bad. I guess the one positive they have going for them is their selection of phones, and the network. Though I've recently found that AT&T seems to get better service where I live. I guess I have to suck it up for another two years, or buy my contract out and switch carriers. I refuse to give Verizon $340, based solely on principal, to cancel my line. So for now I'm still with Verizon. But I might not be for long. The other person that I share the account with has seen the issues I've had and has agreed to leave Verizon with me should I decide to do so. And she's been with them since '94. Though, I doubt Verizon would really care. The only thing Verizon appears to be good at is cashing the check that I send them every month.

0 Likes