Verizons Lack of WiFi Phones
PunkNine

Anybody else feel like Verizons lack of good WiFi capable phones is their way to nickel and dime us by having to use their online service for $1.99 a megabyte?

Maybe I'm wrong, but gosh dang, I want a GOOD phone (blackberry with wifi or maybe LG EnV with wifi?) that I can browse the internet and not have to worry about racking up a huge bill.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm totally off mark.

Anybody know of phones that are WiFi capable that will be available in the near future before I upgrade to something w/o WiFi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizons Lack of WiFi Phones
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

That's plenty of phones that Verizon offers, or has offered, that have Wifi. Some currently available models include: Samsung Omnia, Samsung Saga, HTC Ozone, HTC Touch Pro and the HTC Touch Diamond. Those phones, of course, require the data plan. And the data plan was made mandatory on the newer phones so people wouldn't run into huge data charges like you're talking about.

There are some older phones that don't require the data plan that have WiFi such as the Samsung i760 and the HTC Mogul (XV6800).

All Blackerry's released after the Tour 9630 will have Wifi starting with the Storm 2 and the Curve 8520.

So there's plenty of options if you want WiFi, but on the newer devices you're going to need the data plan anyway.

Save your arguements about how much you hate the mandatory data plan. There's another thread for that in the PDA/Smartphone section.

0 Likes