Verizon won't suspend service
heritage

In early March I asked customer service to temporarily suspend both our cell phone and mifi. But the bills kept coming, so in May I phoned again with the same request, and this time they told me to suspend service on-line. I did that, but the bills still kept coming, except now the monthly charges went up. So last week I phoned for the third time. The representative admitted that I had phoned twice before, and that usage minutes since early March have been zero. He offered a $70 discount on the most recent $140 bill, but wouldn't give a credit for the months since March. However, he did admit that the contract cancellation fee if I refused to pay the bill was $135, $5. less than the monthly bill.  On hindsite, I should have refused to pay anything except the cancellation fee after March. I don't know of any other way to get Verizon to suspend service. Since I have been lied to twice before, I no longer believe anything that Customer Service tells me. If they are doing this to me, they are probably doing it to others too. Tell us your experience.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't suspend service
budone
Legend

There are two options when you suspend service. With or without billing.

Did  you specify without billing?? Some want to continue to be billed to knock their contract out. Without billing the contract is placed on hold and extended the number of months the account was suspended.

0 Likes
heritage

Yes, i realize this now. No one on the first two calls explained that there were two kinds of suspended service, and I admit that suspending service, and retaining the privilege of paying the bill is a concept that had not occurred to me. It was only during the third call that I first learned of suspending with billing. There is nothing on Verizons webpage about this, and when I check my account, is shows service is suspended, but doesn't say if it is with or without billing. I can't tell if my service is really suspended or not because I am out of the country. Is there any way to tell which kind of suspension is in effect, or do I just have to wait until the next bill arrives.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I thought if you suspended online, both options were offered

0 Likes