Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I've ever experienced
rk63

On Monday, January 5th, I was on the verizon website attempting to order a new Samsung Galaxy s4. The terms online said it was free with my upgrade and Verizon would  ship it free overnight. I spent over 2 hours on the website trying to get it ordered, chatting with a rep who was clueless about how to by pass the error message that kept occurring. The rep then advised me to call customer service since there was nothing else she could do. I called and the first person I spoke with didn't have the authority to honor online offers (what's the difference between ordering it on the phone and online- doesn't it come from the same place!!!??? It is the same company right????!) so I got connected to another rep. She put the order in , gave me a lot of attitude when I told her the offer was for an over night shipment and assured me it would be at my house by Wednesday. Wednesday comes and goes- no phone. I never received an email confirmation so I thought something was up. I called, AGAIN. Turns out the phone rep wasn't authorized to send me a phone- the request had gone to her supervisor to approve and it was still sitting in his inbox- what!!!??? This new rep ALSO wasn't authorized to send me a phone so I got transfered AGAIN. This rep takes all my information, assures me I'll have my phone Thursday or Friday at the latest- b/c of the 2-day shipping -  and tries to connect me to agree to terms and conditions (which I had already done with my previous order- uuugggghhh!). He connected me to a wrong extension so I call back again and AGAIN they connect me wrong. I get so frustrated I hang up and accept the terms online. I get an email receipt this time and a tracking number- BUT guess what!!!??? They assigned this phone to my brother's line!! The next morning (Thursday) I have to call Verizon AGAIN!!! They tell me there is nothing they can do at the moment- that once I receive the phone (if that ever happens!) I have to have my brother switch off his phone, activate the new phone, turn it off, call Verizon- again- and have them switch the lines. Ok- at this point I just want to get all of this over and done with. BUT - no!!! - this morning I look at the tracking information on my phone- AND IT ISN'T SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE UNTIL MONDAY! This whole ordeal has cost me at least 3-4 hours of my time - whether on the internet chatting with a rep or on hold on the phone with incompetent reps. How could it be put on the wrong line? Over night shipping doesn't mean  I get it next week! I'm outraged at the service I received! How does Verizon except to fix this and make me a happy customer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I've ever experienced
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know how Verizon Wireless will expect to correct the issue. All you will be able to get from this peer to peer community forum is suggestions and advice for how to handle the situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
APG9613

I had a very similar issue today. Had customer service rep and a manager/sup tell me they didn't offer free overnight shipping and would charge me 12.95, both of them finally got on VZW website and agreed it was clearly there and that they don't ever get on the homepage that's why they didn't know about it. Also was told how online customer service, calling customer serive and the store are all different and have different policys and she acted like I was stupid for not knowing that!

0 Likes
ivantopsoil

Four years ago I purchased two flip phones from a Verizon store. Each one had a $40 rebate. I missed sending in the rebate by one day and so I contacted Verizon to see if there was anything I could do. Their response was to say I had missed the deadline date but that they would give me a bill credit of $80. Great customer service. Fast forward four years. In the past two weeks I have talked to three different customer service reps. The first one mislead me on a deal they could give me upon my renewing a 2-year agreement. The second rep said that the first person was not authorized to do what she said she would do and essentially lied to me. He said he would have his supervisor listen to the phone conversation and if what I said she said was true, they would honor it. The third customer service rep really didn't know anything about costs and procedures so I asked to be transferred to a Supervisor. To make a long story short, the supervisor told me that the second rep was wrong when he said his supervisor would listen to the call and honor it. He said they don't check calls for anything but training. He never apologized to me for reps 1 & 2 lying to me and actually said that Verizon is not liable for anything the say verbally either over the phone or at a store, and they are not liable for anything that is on their website. In a nutshell he said they can lie and there is not one thing I can do about it because it is in my contract. What happened to Verizon customer service between January 2011 and January 2015? From let us help you to "kiss my ass". Make sure when you talk to a customer service rep that you record the conversation if at all possible and take down names and id numbers of everyone you talk to.  I guess Verizon can afford to alienate the little guy because they have so many other customers who either never have an issue or roll over and acquiesce.

0 Likes
Unlisted_Number
Enthusiast - Level 2

Standard customer service would be able to order phones through the same warehouse. This is correct, however through online pricing that can be different than the pricing over ordering through customer service. Because of this, the correct thing for customer service was to transfer to telesales as this is the ONLY department equipped with the system to help with online orders.  As for the order being on the wrong line, unless your original line had been out of contract, this is the correct way to order the phone. It would be considered an "alternate upgrade". Yes, there can be a small amount of hassle, but ultimately you're still getting the new device. Keep in mind weather is something Verizon Wireless / Fed Ex (most shipments are sent from Fed Ex, returns through USPS) unaccountable for.

Ultimately, I hope you enjoy your new device. Try calling customer service and requesting a manager (politely will work SO MUCH better) and explain the situation and how there was a delay. Perhaps ask as an inconvenience to waive / credit the cost of $12.99. Why do I say this number? Because (last I checked) this was the cost for overnight shipping. If you really were promised this it should - hopefully - be notated in your account.

Best of luck,

Michael S.

0 Likes