Verizon will not Honor Price Quoted in chat
jst2961

I have been thinking of switching my wireless family plan to Verizon from a competitor.  I looked around at prices, and had an online chat discussion with a Verizon Wireless representative.  We talked about transferring my 6 lines and getting iPhones.  Additionally, my employer discount is 20%.  The representative quoted me an amount for the entire transfer.  I asked them to double check and confirm the price because I was surprised at first.  They checked and confirmed that this is what my price would be.  I was very satisfied with the price so I printed out the chat conversation and I took it to my local Verizon Wireless store.  I showed it to them and said this is what I would like to do.  They figured out that the sales representative online had goofed up and applied my 20% discount to the entire amount, when in reality it should've just been applied to the data. They said they would not be able to give me that price in the store, but if I call customer care then they should honor it because I have it in writing.  The local representative was very helpful and even dialed customer service for me in the store to explain the situation.  The customer service said they could not do anything because I was not an existing customer yet, so they had to transfer me to another department.  At this point the local representative handed the phone over to me and let me explain the situation.  I explained on the phone how I received a quote (twice and confirmed) online via chat.  They said there was nothing they could do, that the prices the local rep was giving me was the only price they could honor.  I told them that I have a quote in writing for a specified price.  They just told me that the person messed up and they will not honor it.  I asked them if I could speak to a manager.  The gentleman put me on hold for about 5 minutes and said that the manager was busy and could not take my call at the time, but would call me back at a later time.  I gave him a cell phone number to reach me at and have been expecting a call back.  There was never a call....

I am reading through the forums and realizing that this type of thing has happened before to other individuals.  Was there ever a solution or does Verizon just ignore it and hope it goes away?  I understand the sale representative made a mistake, but Verizon should take accountability for this error.  I asked for pricing, they gave me a quote, and I accepted.  In very loose legal terms, shouldn't this be honored as a binding contract?  I have documentation of the entire chat, but Verizon is just acting like it never happened. Verizon is not giving me a very great first impression. I am hoping that someone on this forum will be able to reach out to me and help find a solution so this issue will not have to be escalated any further.  Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon will not Honor Price Quoted in chat
Snn5
Legend

The word of any representative is superseded by the terms of agreements and available plans at the time of purchase.

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Last paragraph at the very end.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

The word of any representative is superseded by the terms of agreements and available plans at the time of purchase.

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Last paragraph at the very end.

Weth
Legend

The quote was an error that was very obvious and clear once someone else looked at it. It was not a signed contract and there is no legal requirement Verizon needs to honor it. You are not out any money, as the error was picked up before you paid anything other than your valuable, but not reimbursable time. The policy is clearly spelled out in the available information available online that the corporate discount is only available on the data portion. I might even suspect you knew that before pouncing on a human error.