Verizon was given my lost iPhone and never contacted me.
Jackie91

Hi everyone,

I'm extremely outraged right now.  I lost my phone a few weeks ago (it happened to get reset the day before so no Find My iPhone or iCloud) and was without a phone for an entire week before buying a new one at full retail price at a Verizon wireless store.  Tonight, I was approached by my neighbor who asked me if I ever got my old (lost) phone back.  He said he found it the same night I lost it and brought it to the Verizon store near me (the same one I bought my new, very expensive phone from).  Apparently they told him they would E-mail me to tell me they had my phone.  Well, no one E-mailed me (obviously).  So now I'm extremely frustrated.  Having thought my phone was stolen, I bought a new one-- only to find out the very store that sold me it currently has my old phone and made absolutely no attempt to contact me.  Further, I BOUGHT a new phone from THAT store.  There was no note on my account saying my phone was brought in?  I mentioned several times it was lost too.  My question is this: given the circumstances is there any way for me to get my money back for the new phone I bought?  I'm just really baffled and furious that absolutely no attempt was made to return my phone to me.  I'll be going to the store tomorrow to speak with a manager but was wondering if anyone had any advice for what to do about this situation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon was given my lost iPhone and never contacted me.
ox1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

There customer service is just a bunch of street trash, willing to work for the shameful pay verizon offers. I am sorry you were treated this way and scammed out of money, it is frustrating.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What is the address of the store? Asking to see if the store is a 3rd party reseller.

My next question, based on the comment from your neighbor, "Did you get your phone back?" They must have known it was yours, why not just give it to you instead?

Corporate stores are not allowed to give out any customer info, so I find that comment unusual.

0 Likes
Jackie91

I went to the store today and they said they didn't see it in any of the 'spots' they'd have put a phone they received nor was there a note on my account about it at all.  As far as my neighbor goes, he's not someone I've spoken to before.  He found the phone near my car and I guess didn't know who I was at the time so he called Verizon and they told him to bring the phone in and they would contact the owner.  Yesterday he saw me getting out of my car last night so he approached me about it.

0 Likes