Verizon vs. Sprint?
andh

I'm looking to get the iPhone 6, but I just renewed in March. No way I can pay full retail for the phone. I currently have the Samsung S4 and am very unhappy with it. Sprint is offering a great deal with a service plan for the iPhone 6 and will pay the early termination fee up to $350.

I'm wondering if anyone here was a former Sprint user and how they'd compare coverage and reliability of service. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon vs. Sprint?
Not applicable

Not a former Sprint customer, but their coverage is not as good as Verizon overall but may be good where you live. You don't state where you live. Overall they rank worst in coverage of the big 4 carriers and they are the only one bleeding customers every month. There is obviously a reason for that. Neither Sprint or T-Mobile come close to the coverage of Verizon or at&t. Also they will REIMBURSE you for the ETF not pay the ETF. Not to be rude but why sign up for a 2 year agreement in March 2014 when you had to have known that the iPhone 6 would be out before March 2016?

0 Likes
andh

I didn't know when the iPhone 6 would be out or that I'd be so unhappy with the phone I choose.

I understand the reimbursement part of the ETF with the Sprint agreement.

Were you a Sprint customer mrhelper? Or are you just repeating something you read?

0 Likes
andh

Sorry,  just read you weren't a former user.

0 Likes
andh

I assumed you were some kind of troll because you keep replying to posts that people should have known when the new iPhone was coming out.

0 Likes
andh

If ACTUAL former Sprint users have any input, that'd be great.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Former Sprint customer.

Nextel too.

We had no trouble with Nextel until Sprint merger. Was charged $600 for text messages when my plan specifically has messages included. Shame on them

Second time I used them was through my work places. They dropped us and tried to charge us ETF for excessive roaming. The company I work for had them for 5 years prior and in the same are since.

Coverage is bad here to boot. Best we get is 128kb 3G here. Wimax is active but you can't buy Wimax phones. LTE is nowhere in sight.

Check the coverage in your area and hope you don't have problems. It'll be worth the savings if that happens. If not then it will be turbulent times.

0 Likes
andh

Thanks for your feedback!

0 Likes
Not applicable

andh wrote:

No I'm not a troll but Apple usually releases iPhone every 12 months. .

iPhone released June 2007

iPhone 3G released July 2008

iPhone 3GS released June 2009

iPhone 4 released June 2010

iPhone 4s released Oct 2011

iPhone 5 released Sept 2012

iPhone 5s released Sept 2013

Also my point is valid if you don't want to fulfill a 24 month contract why sign one? You're hardly 1/4 of the way into one and want out. I understand people maybe being a couple of months away but not 18 months.

According to Sprint's own coverage maps of my area( meaning county ) they have half the coverage of Verizon and none of that is 4G it's all 3G or worse. So I have little incentive to switch to Sprint at least in my area. As I said you don't state where you live. Coverage is going to vary greatly from area to area so anyone's answer to your coverage question is moot unless they happen to live in your area which as I said you never stated.

0 Likes
andh

Yeah, you don't understand. Read my previous post and maybe you'll get an idea.

Maybe you're really trying to be helpful. If you are, thanks.

0 Likes