Verizon took my money and closed my account
greenrhyno

Ok so I am posting here after wasting 3 hours on the phone with Verizon customer service. After about an hour on two calls mostly being on hold, my call was dropped and no one bothered to call me back. Then on the third call after an hour and 22 minutes, the call inexplicably went to the automated menu system and when I tried to get someone again, I was greeted with the message that the call center was closed.

Here is what happened this week and why I called. I wanted to switch my number to another carrier but keep my account with verizon and get a new number. I called PREVIOUS to porting my number to the new carrier and I was told that once my number was ported my account would remain active and I could log in and set up a NEW number on my verizon account.

After porting my number, my old account was completely and utterly deleted. I called to resolve this issue as I had 10.3 gb of rollover data I had saved up and $39 in my account that wasn't used as well as $50 that was just applied 2 days ago to a new month of service.

I was told my money was "lost" because the account was deleted, like that is somehow my fault, and that those records are gone now. How is that a multi million or billion dollar company can just delete their records and have no record of what I paid them? Anyways I was treated horrendously by multiple service agents and my issue was not resolved. Apparently I just lose my money and my data because I was given wrong information. The verizon phone reps repeatedly wanted to point out to me that it wasn't them personally who gave me wrong information and it wasn't them personally who took my money, like it is verizon's fault not theirs or something. Completely ridiculous line of reasoning as it is Verizon who provided me the wrong information and will not refund my money or find a workable solution.

I am very angry right now and I plan on filing a complaint with my bank, the BBB, possibly the news. I have recordings of the phone calls. I know it is not much money but the whole thing just stinks with the way I was treated and the complete aloofness of verizon employees. They don't care if they take your money and they don't care if your complaint is resolved. If a call drops, they do not call you back forcing you to restart the hours long process over and over.

What a horrible company with very horrible employees. I hope verizon continues to drop market share.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon took my money and closed my account
mama23dogs
Legend

Based on the above information, nothing you thought and nothing you were told is correct.

prepaid is a use it or lose it, single line plan. 

You move your number, your plan and account are gone.  No chance what you wanted could happen. 

Rollover data rolls for ONE month.  Not continuously.  I can't think of any way you had 10 gigs of rollover on prepaid. 

greenrhyno

Well with my 7 GB a month walmart plan, I used half the first month. Do the math.

And yes I was told that my account would remain open and I could get a new number after the port. Wan't obvious how it works that is why I called first. I guess I should have talked to you... You seem nicer than BIG RED.

Check out this thread BTW - fast free wireless for a year

Sprint Offer free service for a year

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If you use half of a 7 gig plan, you have 3.5 roll over, not 10.  You would have 10 on month 2.  If you use 3.5 in month 2, you still have only 3.5 rollover and 10 for month 3. 

Seems big red is taking a page from ATT.  Usually it's the blue Death Star employees that don't their "know you know what" from their elbow  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sprint....well...its Sprint.   They are giving it away because the can't get people to pay for it.  T-mobile is killing them.  Veriozn and ATT just laugh. 

0 Likes
greenrhyno

Ok you are right, only 3.5 GB was rollover. I guess I was just saying I had 10.3 total part was rollover.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about sprints service, but it sure is fast, check out my speed tests in that other thread. Wife and I aren't on contract anywhere and our phones are paid off so we really have nothing to lose- or so I thought until I had this issue with Verizon. Not the end of the world just not the way I or anyone I know can run their business and expect to keep the doors open. I guess if you are a huge company and have a reputation for best coverage you can be like that.

Sprint employees have been the opposite, helpful, polite and empathetic. I think they know they are on bottom.

I am glad to have the year of free service from them. I have been happy with Verizon's coverage so depending on how Sprint's service is for the year and prices next summer my wife and I might head to Verizon, but the customer service of today will definitely give me pause. I will be cancelling that other account after my mother in law goes back to Brasil, and probably won't come back to Verizon unless someone reaches out and tries to rectify the situation.

0 Likes
greenrhyno

Sprint deal is here: 

FREE Unlimited

Here are my speed tests here too (I know its different everywhere but for me Sprint is fast):

Verizon

Screenshot_20170616-215748.png

Sprint

Screenshot_20170616-215558.png

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yeah, I have a spare phone, I might move over, just cause it won't cost much.  I just have low expectations for coverage in my more rural town.

0 Likes
greenrhyno

Any response from Verizon on this? Still waiting for an acceptable resolution and I'm not willing to waste 3 more hours on the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An official response from a VZW rep might be another day or two. This site is first and foremost a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.