Re: Verizon single line plans
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hotspot uses the exact same data as provided by your plan, which you pay for. "Unlimited hotspot" is just a sarcastic way of saying turn on the dang feature. It does not mean "unlimited data."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Anyway it doesn't appear to be a feature on the single line plans. You get on pre-paid so go figure.

0 Likes
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not really an overage. It's just what extra data costs: $15/1GB. Isn't it nice that you can pay for more data one month if you need it? Seems a fair price, considering an extra 1GB on the More Everything plans costs $10 a month on a monthly basis. (And again, $15/1GB if you happen to go over one month.) Anyway, much more desirable than a hard cap.

I know it doesn't say you get hotspot with the Single Line plan. (Although it does say that I get mobile hotspot on my service agreement letter. But as I pointed out elsewhere, that's most likely an oversight.)

Anyway, that's the whole issue. It should be available. It's a phone feature, not a Verizon service. And if I use more data, Verizon gets more money, so why not enable the feature.

Do I think I should get to pay $30 less for the same plan? No. Do I think I should have to pay $30 a month to enable mobile hotspot, which is a feature built into my phone? Also, no. That's the whole thing. The comparison between the $60/mo. plan and the $90/mo. equivalent exposes how arbitrary this all is.

0 Likes
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

No turkey sandwich on the prepaid plans, either.

0 Likes