Re: Verizon single line plans
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

This plan is for smartphones.

From Verizon's main page. Click "Explore", "Choosing a Plan", and "Single Line Plans".

https://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html

0 Likes
Logicuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

From the Information i have all three plans the 250mb/$45 1gb/$60, and 2GB/$60 are not suspose to support tethering through vzw in any way so the extra amount being requested is probably to put you back on a shareeverything plan. depending on the phones you may beable to download apps to allow you to tether without the extra charges

0 Likes
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for knowing what I am talking about deneme!!!!!

Trying to explain this plan to other people on here is getting old. Smiley Sad

For everyone else, the plan can be found here - https://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html .

• Single line smart phone plan costs $60
  • Unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data included
  • Hotspot is    {{{{[[[!!!!! not!!!!!]]]]}}}}  included and requires $30 a month as an add-on.
  • Charging $30 dollars to add-on to a $60 dollar plan is somewhat ridiculous.

I won't be checking this thread any more, nor will I explain anything regarding this plan anymore. I give up. Verizon you win. Your confusion, rhetoric, and misdirection are unmatched in the world of telecom.

Not applicable

DC4000 wrote:

Thanks for knowing what I am talking about deneme!!!!!

Trying to explain this plan to other people on here is getting old. Smiley Sad

For everyone else, the plan can be found here - https://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html .

• Single line smart phone plan costs $60
  • Unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data included
  • Hotspot is    {{{{[[[!!!!! not!!!!!]]]]}}}}  included and requires $30 a month as an add-on.
  • Charging $30 dollars to add-on to a $60 dollar plan is somewhat ridiculous.

I won't be checking this thread any more, nor will I explain anything regarding this plan anymore. I give up. Verizon you win. Your confusion, rhetoric, and misdirection are unmatched in the world of telecom.

Well then it's simple get a plan that includes a hotspot since a 1 GB More Everything plan with a hotspot is $80. obviously the plan you listed is designed for those that only want 1 GB of data and do not want the hotspot so they can save $20 month. By the way the link you posted nowhere does it say tethering costs $30 extra.

0 Likes
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even more galling, the service letter I received says the Single Line loyalty plan ($60/mo., 2GB) actually includes mobile hotspot. Here's the small type on the back of my service agreement letter.mobile-hotspot.png

Seems perfectly reasonable! Except, no customer representative can actually activate it. I'm sure this is an oversight in their documentation, which means Verizon doesn't even read their own legal small type. (Yet they would hold us to everything in there.) So, they're either holding mobile hotspot hostage for the more expensive plans or they're incompetent in how they're putting together these packages and don't even know what they're including/excluding or why.

The crazy thing is, if I had mobile hotspot, I'd probably use — and pay for — more data every month. (This is besides the fact that it's a device feature, not a service feature, so they shouldn't have control over it, anyway.)

0 Likes
Not applicable

fpants wrote:

The crazy thing is, if I had mobile hotspot, I'd probably use — and pay for — more data every month. (This is besides the fact that it's a device feature, not a service feature, so they shouldn't have control over it, anyway.)

The thing is the single plan plan for $60 only has the 2 GB option. If you wanted more data you'd have to be on a regular More Everything plan which of course has the hotspot feature. So I'm not getting the point.

0 Likes
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to me since they offered 2 plans, the $60 one gig plan should have  included hotspot, $45 plan no hotspot,(would

be too easy to rack up tethering overages), and maybe offer the $60  2 gig plan, no  hotspot, so you have a  choice at

$60, hotspot or more data.

dimap52 This seems way too reasonable. People would like it, sign up for it, and maybe even use more data — and then pay Verizon for that data. Also, people might understand what they're paying for. Win-win-win, which is bad. Defies the logic of constructing an effectively confusing wireless plan.

As an alternative, I suggest two plans: One that's $60/mo., 250MB, unlimited hotspot, and includes a turkey sandwich that expires in 90 days. The second plan would be $45/mo., but it's just the turkey sandwich and a hotspot dongle. No minutes, no data.

0 Likes
fpants
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can pay $15 for an extra 1GB anytime you need more data. So, if you happen to use a lot of data one month, you just pay for more. Say you're on the road working but Wi-Fi is spotty. Luckily your phone can be a hotspot, so you can just send and download attachments using the LTE connection on your phone. And you'll gladly pay $15/1GB for the privilege — which is a high price for broadband (compared to your cable company) and great profit for Verizon. There's literally no way Verizon can lose by giving customers access to the hotspot feature built into their phones.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Some people would rather not pay overages. The $60 plan is $30 cheaper than the regular 2 GB plan. Certainly you can't think it's fair to pay $30 less to get the exact same service.

From the FAQ. No where does it state you get hotspot.

1. What do I get with the $60/2 GB smartphone single line plan?You get comprehensive service for your smartphone on America’s Largest 4G LTE Network, including:
    • Unlimited voice minutes
    • Unlimited text messaging
    • 2 GB of data a month - data overage is $15/1 GB
    • Download and install the Verizon Cloud app on your smartphone to get 5 GB of free storage. Visit our Verizon Cloud page  for more information.
0 Likes
Not applicable

fpants wrote:

Seems to me since they offered 2 plans, the $60 one gig plan should have  included hotspot, $45 plan no hotspot,(would

be too easy to rack up tethering overages), and maybe offer the $60  2 gig plan, no  hotspot, so you have a  choice at

$60, hotspot or more data.

dimap52 This seems way too reasonable. People would like it, sign up for it, and maybe even use more data — and then pay Verizon for that data. Also, people might understand what they're paying for. Win-win-win, which is bad. Defies the logic of constructing an effectively confusing wireless plan.

As an alternative, I suggest two plans: One that's $60/mo., 250MB, unlimited hotspot, and includes a turkey sandwich that expires in 90 days. The second plan would be $45/mo., but it's just the turkey sandwich and a hotspot dongle. No minutes, no data.

UNLIMITED hotspot? So people can it it for a regular internet connection and use hundreds of GB per month? How is that a "win" for Verizon?

0 Likes