Verizon's shady practices and incompetence
abwonderland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought there were issues trying to switch plans and buy a phone via Verizon.  Their lack of support for filing a complaint is beyond the headaches I had yesterday.  This is beyond ridiculous.  I had to contact Verizon 7 times to try to get a new plan and a new phone.  I was constantly being given misinformation and being charged exorbitant fees for the poor services they were going to provide.  I had done my research and decided to change to the Verizon Plan.  According to Verizon's website AND the confirmation plan change email I received, I was only going to have to pay $20 per month for the phone associated with the plan.  I also upgraded my phone at this time and opted for the 2 year plan and discounted phone cost.  Well, apparently when you do this, this bumps your line access fee up to $40 per month.  You can find this out if you dig deep into the FAQs.  But why am I going to look at the FAQs if I don't have questions????  I thought all the information was right there on the plan description page.  I thought when they said I'd have to pay $20 per month per line, that they weren't lying!  There were NO disclaimers next to this line, no *'s or anything saying that you have to go look at the super fine print to get the real information.  And I got REPEATED emails saying I'd only have to pay $20 a month for the line access.  Why are you lying Verizon?  Last month I tried to enable an international plan for my phone.  I had to talk to 4 people, and it STILL got screwed up.  You shut off my data plan entirely!  With no apologies.  And now trying to find a place where I can file a complaint against this god-awful company?  Impossible to find.  I will be talking to our Attorney General about Verizon's misleading practices.  Pretty sure this isn't the first time they've gotten in trouble.  I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years.  No more.  I'll incur the cost of cancelling my plan.  This hassle and incompetence isn't worth it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's shady practices and incompetence
Snn5
Legend

Verizon Plan - Verizon Wireless

You can't pay $20 for access AND get a heavily discounted phone price.  You can pay $20 access and $20+/- for a phone payment OR you can pay $40 for access on that discounted/subsidized phone.  Not both.  That'd be "double-dipping" and not business practice that would keep Verizon in business.

Capture.PNG

abwonderland
Enthusiast - Level 2

To me the line you highlighted did NOT make it clear that $20 a month only applied to those people who are paying full price for a phone.  Why can't you state in that same spot that $40 applies if you're doing the 2 year plan option?  There's plenty of room on the page.

It was not necessary to tell me what I CANNOT do.  I found that out after numerous phone calls and chats.  My confirmation plan change email stated $20 a month.  There is some work Verizon needs to do to make their charges and fees more transparent, and they need to update their automatic emails to not lie.

Coupled with all the other issues I've had with Verizon, I still plan on pursuing other more reliable carriers.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're most welcome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abwonderland Thank you for being a loyal customer for over 15 years. We are confident that in those 15 years you have found our service to be exceptional. Our customers are our number one priority and you are no exception. I understand that at times an offer can be misunderstood, that is where we come in. We can always help explain a plan and if we did not provide you that service I am truly sorry. Our goal is never to confuse or give you bad advise. We are here to help should you require further assistance.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abwonderland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you tell me whether it's possible to delete my account on this site?  It seems to have too many trolls.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You cannot delete the account or profile.  You can unsubscribe from messages in the Edit Profile area near your avatar top right of screen.

abwonderland
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's too bad.  But thank you for the workaround!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abwonderland Our pleasure to help you out. I’m sending you a link for our other forums. You can always send a Private Message (Facebook) or a Direct Message (Twitter). They are both private forums.  http://vz.to/1iurlIn
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes