Verizon's service is no longer reliable. Why? Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
8088L31GH
Enthusiast - Level 2

i switched to Verizon from Nextel (yes - I've been a verizon customer THAT long) because Verizon's service couldn't be matched with any other carrier.  However, like many others, I don't like Verizon - i stuck with you because your coverage was better.

that's no longer the case.  The service in my home area has noticeably gotten worse.  Dropped calls are now extremely common.  You built your business on reliability.  We paid more for your service because it was the best available - but we resented it.  You have a lot of people who will leave you if someone else can provide comparable service - and we won't be back.  You overcharged us too long.

please address your deteriorating coverage.  You're providing the push necessary for me to explore my options.  I sincerely believe that you have a nontrivial percentage of your customer base who aren't happy with you but feel like we have no other options.  If your coverage is no longer better than Sprint's (or AT&T's or T-Moblil's, ...) we have no reason to continue to subject ourselves to your pricing.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon's service is no longer reliable. Why? Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should look at switching. If Verizon no longer suits your needs then you should find a carrier that does.

Re: Verizon's service is no longer reliable. Why? Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

This is no way to enjoy your service with us. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. I depend on my personal service just like you. I will be happy to get this addressed and help restore your faith in us. Let's get started. What zip code are you located in? Do you experience these dropped calls indoors and outdoors?

0 Likes
JESCHR85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with you! I live near Burlington, VT (area code 05401) and for the past six months have had declining coverage, in one of the largest urban areas in this state.

I can no longer place calls from my couch, I need to stand by a window. When I am outside, calls are dropped.

I have no reason to pay for service I cannot access, and I am seriously considering switching to another carrier, after being a loyal Verizon customer for over 20 years. This is absurd. Why isn't the cell signal in this area being addressed?  I am paying for cell coverage, so please don't tell me to use my Wi-Fi signal... fix the towers, please.

8088L31GH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's service is no longer reliable.  Why?  Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

JESCHR85 wrote:

I completely agree with you! I live near Burlington, VT (area code 05401) and for the past six months have had declining coverage, in one of the largest urban areas in this state.

I can no longer place calls from my couch, I need to stand by a window. When I am outside, calls are dropped.

I have no reason to pay for service I cannot access, and I am seriously considering switching to another carrier, after being a loyal Verizon customer for over 20 years. This is absurd. Why isn't the cell signal in this area being addressed? I am paying for cell coverage, so please don't tell me to use my Wi-Fi signal... fix the towers, please.

Verizon (nor does any carrier) does NOT guarantee connectivity INSIDE of any structure. It is technically called Mobile service not Sitting On Your Sofa service. All new phone do have WiFi calling. Enabling this FREE feature on your phone connects to WiFi and uses your regular minutes to make calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeschr85

At Verizon we’ve invested 9 billion dollars a year in our network infrastructure to continue to deliver the best network. We are relentless and will not settle for less. Cell sites are shared resources so even with the nation’s best network we can not guarantee service indoors. I understand how important it is to be able to use your phone while at home. Wi-Fi calling allows you to make and receive calls and send messages even when in your home. You have a Wi-Fi calling capable device and can easily turn it on with HD voice. This will expand your calling options and no extra charge.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LINRON7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue in Saratoga!

0 Likes
eibborwilliams3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many have noted the same issue in the 23930 area...regardless of using iPhone or Android.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service where you need it most. Waht exactly is happening with your connection? When did this start?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes