Verizon's recycling program - Scam Alert!
Kissy-Kiss

About a month ago I purchased a new I phone 5s, in the process of the purchase. I signed up for their site offered recycling program.  I received an quote for $200.00 for the return of my 32GB 4s.  I received their envelope and followed as directed.. this included a master reset of my phone. Two weeks after shipping the phone out, I received an email saying that I have received a gift card for $19 dollars.  I called right away and they told me that it had to do with the "find my phone" app being activated.  I asked for my phone back and they said they could not send it to me as it has been used for parts.  They did offer to send a message to management and that I should wait two days for their response.   Two days later, I get an email and their response was the same, this time they sent me some bogus picture of the phone.  While this was happening, I did a find my phone app and I did not see the phone, so I called apple to find out if it was active and they told me that they could not locate the phone and that it was not activated.    So I called back to let them know and they told me that they couldn't do anything about it.

To make matters worst, I called 611 in the hopes that I could speak to a manager from customer service regarding this issue. The CSR was attentive to my concern, but stated that this was not their department and that they could not do anything about it.  I asked for a supervisor, and he was not helpful at all, as  a matter of fact, he was rude about the whole situation.  He told me that I needed to reach out to that particular department and that CS couldn't do anything about it.

I have been with Verizon for over 10 years and I have never encountered an issue of this magnitude.  I have made a complaint to the  BBB and my next is to my local district attorney, as they have taken my phone and not given me what I was told..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's recycling program - Scam Alert!
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Wow that's terrible. Next time keep your phone as a back up . Being with them 10 years I think they could meet you half way on this but now that you have involved Bbb etc. I dunno.  Good luck

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

While your situation is unfortunate, it still makes me wonder why people would try to recycle a phone through the mail instead of going into a store. Lesson learned, huh?

Best wishes

FoxyJ

I went in person to the store to recycle and got the correct price for the phone.  instead of a card I asked for the 110 to be applied to my balance and they did it no problems

0 Likes
Kissy-Kiss

Perhaps is the trust I had placed on Verizons customer service.  I never thought I would run into such issue.  It is a shame as I am now  in the process of transferring my phone lines as I will not give them any more of my business.

I just now have to find who is competitive service wise.

Thank you,

0 Likes