Verizon replacement: Droid X2 for my 32gb iPhone 4s!?!?
keepingthingspristine

I got the upgraded to the iphone 4s from the Droid X in late October.  The phone has been dropping calls ever since, Verizon sent a replacement, same thing.  They started a trouble ticket for me, they said they could switch me to a different device.  I looked online at their site and decided either the HTC Rezound or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus would be a fair exchange.  All 3 phones sell for $299 w/ a 2 year contract, same data storage, similar processors, etc..

Then the Verizon rep tells me that because these phones are 4g and the iPhone is only 3g that this trade isn't fair.  I AM LIVID!!!  This is ridiculous, the 32gb iPhone 4s sells for more used on ebay than the GNexus does new!!  I shouldn't have to sell one phone and buy the GN from a 3rd party, I pay $150 a month to big red, they should make sure my device works properly.  I will be going to AT&T and TMobile this week to check out the Samsung Galaxy SII's.  I can't believe they even tried to claim that the Droid X2 is even in the conversation w/ the 4s.

/rant

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon replacement: Droid X2 for my 32gb iPhone 4s!?!?
budone
Legend

I have to agree with VZW on this one. You have a 3G only device. If you want something else it needs to be comparable feature wise, NOT PRICE WISE. A 4G device is not comparable. 

0 Likes
keepingthingspristine

So I can't trade my $50,000 6-cylinder Mercedes Benz for a $40,000 8-cylinder Honda Prelude because 8-cylinders is too good?  Your logic is very flawed

0 Likes
keepingthingspristine

Also, a used 32gb iPhone 4s sells for $600+ whereas a brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus sells for less than $600.  My request was honorable and fair, Verizon just doesn't care about my business.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well I was speaking from VZW viewpoint. They are not going to let someone get a 4G phone as a replacement of a 3G phone. Neither will Asurion, Sprint or ATT. But it is great you were able to get a great price for the iPhone.

I just hope you have read the comments on here about the GN. I saw three comments today from different members here where the person on the other end can not hear what is said on the GN.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

keepingthingspristine wrote:

So I can't trade my $50,000 6-cylinder Mercedes Benz for a $40,000 8-cylinder Honda Prelude because 8-cylinders is too good?  Your logic is very flawed

Yes you can, IF THE DEALER IS WILLING. Unfortunately Verizon, being the dealer, IS NOT WILLING to do so.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

keepingthingspristine wrote:

This is ridiculous, the 32gb iPhone 4s sells for more used on ebay than the GNexus does new!!  I shouldn't have to sell one phone and buy the GN from a 3rd party

You don't have to. If your iPhone sells for more on eBay than the GNexus does new, sell it on eBay. Then go to Verizon and pay for the GNexus and pocket the extra cash for your trouble.

This works because you have 2 willing parties for the transaction, the buyer and seller. With Verizon, you only have 1 willing party, YOU. Kind of hard to have the transaction without 2 willing parties.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i agree with vzw

you can always get a 32gb sd card for the x2

or 64 if you like

0 Likes
keepingthingspristine

Sold the 4s, purchased the GNexus for $40 less than, used extra money towards accessories. It cost Verizon a sale, bad business on their behalf, I might never upgrade with them again

0 Likes
keepingthingspristine

The DX2 is garbage, 2010 tech at best

0 Likes