Verizon refuses to give us our promised refund
williamsfamily4

Switched from ATT to Verizon in October 2015. Traded in five iphone 5's. Purchased 4 new iphone 6's. Was given gift cards and credits to our account totaling $1500 for the trade ins. Unfortunately, we were not able to receive an adequate signal at our home - we were lucky if we got one bar and had 1X data. So back to Verizon to returned everything within 1 week.

Dealt with 1-800 customer service & the manager at our local store (who according to the 1-800 customer service has the same authority as the call center) and they told us that we would be receiving a refund check for the credits on our account from the trade ins. In fact, the 1-800 rep and the account manager had numerous conversations together about our situation. The manager told us that she needed to take all of our gift cards and apply them to our account so we would get a refund check - she overrode the max credit you could have on an account and placed all gift card balances on our account - totallying nearly $1500.00. She said this had to be done before we closed our account in order to receive a check refund. This was done and account closed.

I called verizon November, December (twice) and Jan and was always told that the check was in process...the delay was due to the holidays and I should expect it shortly.  Then 1/11 I called back and was told that I would not be receiving a check - it would be a gift card. Spoke to a supervisor and told her this was the first time anyone has told me the refund would be in the form of a gift card. She filled out a form requesting the refund in a check instead of gift card since a gift card was of no value to us (we are not Verizon customers). She told me someone would be calling me back in 10 days. Never heard a response.

I called back yesterday, 2/8/16,  and was told that I would not be receiving anything...not a gift card, not a check. I told her that this was verizons fault - had we reeived a signal at our house, we would have been able to use the $1500 credit. But because Verizon's signal didnt work, we are now out 5 phones or the equivalent of $1500.00.

I have been told from verizon that I would be receiving a full refund via check TO refund in a form of a gift card TO receiving nothing.

This is my last attempt to have Verizon remedy this situation before we file a complain with BBB, FCC and consult our attorney.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon refuses to give us our promised refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Williamfamily4, I can sense the frustration here with the refund process when you switched over to us. Let me look further into your concerns related to this matter. I am sending you a private message to look into your concerns to check on the refund status.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
williamsfamily4

Thank you for your help...exactly WHERE do I find your private message. I am not seeing anything except this string in my inbox. But I probably am not looking in the correct area. Thank YOU!!

0 Likes
williamsfamily4

I still have not rec'd any private message from Verizon rep in my inbox...@EdwinW_VZW please respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to clear things up on and double check on the private message message that was sent to you. Did you log in under your community name to check the inbox there?  Here's a line that will help http://vz.to/1gkFgve. I'll look at my sent messages box and ensure it was sent to you. Once you reply, I'll be sent a notification that the reply from you was received.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes